I can do it

Options
quzzdragon
quzzdragon Posts: 140 Member
I've gained about 40 pounds since I started college and I want to lose them. It's getting harder and harder to exercise as my arthritis in my knees limits my mobility, but I've decided it's time to fight back. I joined MFP about 2 weeks ago, and I'm determined to lose the weight and keep it off. I just started PT yesterday, so I'm hoping my knee pain will lessen. It's been hard the last few weeks to keep reminding myself that the knee pain doesn't define me or what I can do.

Replies

• totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your knee pain and hope it improves soon. Perhaps your therapist can advise on exercises that are possible ?

Remember also that for weight loss you just have to eat less calories than your body burns.
    If you are limited in the exercise that you can do, then you can still lose weight. You just have to reduce your calories (without going below 1200 calories per day).

There are people on MFP who have lost large amounts of weight without exercising.
    You just need to be more careful with your diet, and make sure that you hit your macros within limited calories.

Good Luck !
  • quzzdragon
    quzzdragon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your knee pain and hope it improves soon. Perhaps your therapist can advise on exercises that are possible ?

Remember also that for weight loss you just have to eat less calories than your body burns.
    If you are limited in the exercise that you can do, then you can still lose weight. You just have to reduce your calories (without going below 1200 calories per day).

There are people on MFP who have lost large amounts of weight without exercising.
    You just need to be more careful with your diet, and make sure that you hit your macros within limited calories.

Good Luck !

Thank you for the encouragement! I have friends that have lost a ton of weight using MFP and similar calorie counting programs with little-to-no change in exercise due to physical problems - that's actually why I decided to try it out.