MFP Apprentice members introduction

Options
All members of the group please take a moment to introduce yourselves!

Replies

• bspringer544
    bspringer544 Posts: 155 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hello! I'm Bree! I'm 23 years old. Current weight 205 (GW 160). I'm not really in need of motivation but this challenge looks like it'll be a lot of fun so I thought I'd join in.

I work on a ranch, breeding and raising Beef cattle. Spring time is the busy season with all the little babies being born so starting March 1 I'll actually be switching from weight loss to maintain/lean muscle toning until late spring, early summer. Ergo, no weight loss bonuses for my team :( I'll sure do my best to earn a lot of cash to make up for it, though! Bring on the burpees!
  • pattycakes33333
    pattycakes33333 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hello I am Trish, I am Sean and Lisa's daughter. I lost 22 lbs in late 2014 & early 2015, I was 135 lbs. Over the past year I have gained 10 lbs back. I am hoping to lose 20-25 lbs in the next 3-6 months. The weight loss is important to me but what matters most is living an active and healthy lifestyle. I really want my good food habits to stick this time and long term.

My dad, brother, boyfriend, and I ran the Tough Mudder this past year. It was really fun but also hard. While running the course I wished I had been in better shape and lighter. We plan to run it again this year so I really want to be better prepared this time and I think this group can give me some fun motivation!
  • bspringer544
    bspringer544 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am jealous, Trish. I've always wanted to run the Mudder. It's one of my main drives for getting into shape!
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I am Julie, 51 years old. Been on here awhile but didn't make much progress until August. I like to lift heavy and I love cardio. I am taking one month at a time (10% weighr loss) and focusing on doing my best each day to keep me in onederland. Love to switch things up so I am giving this a try. :) Starting weight-194
  • theparnellssean
    theparnellssean Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! My name is Sean. I am 50 years old. I live in the Buffalo NY area (Ok no Bills jokes!!) I have been happily married to Lisa for 29 years now. I have 4 great kids, one is my Daughter Trish who is in this challenge with us. I regularly go to the gym. Love to lift weights, spinning class, yoga, cardio machines. As Trish mentioned, we did our 1st tough mudder last August. Yes it was hard! Doing it again this year. I want to lose another 40 pounds. My whole thing is calorie control. Need to do it. I am really looking forward to working out with all of you in March!!! Lets make it good!!!
  • theparnellslisa
    theparnellslisa Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lisa and I have been on MFP for 3 years. I am married to the special, handsome guy above me, and I am also the blessed mother of Pattycakes (Trish). I want to express how excited I am to have the opportunity to do this with my family and all of you!! From past groups that I have been part of I realize that there is so much support and needed motivation that many of us desire. When you are part of a team you realize that you are an important component of the team which takes you to a whole new level of devotion. I would like to wish all of you great success and most of all have fun!!:)
  • Tymeshia
    Tymeshia Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Tymeshia and I'm the big 40! I've been on this site for a while and lose lots of weight at times. I was on roll of losing weight a couple of years ago, but lost my way while trying to finish a master program, full-time career, and being a mommy. Now I'm back! I've hit some hard times in this last couple of months since September. I lost my Dad, so I'm trying to focus on exercising or adult coloring when I'm sad instead of eating. I've lost 21lbs since started back and I'm now weighing 224. I will say that I lost 67 lbs before on here and I truly believe in logging your food. I look forward to the challenge. Now, if your notice I've done 10 miles in a day it just I'm trying to win my fitbit hustle week. Let the game begin!
  • andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Joanne here. Not good with intros. Please feel free to add me or message me. I am looking forward to the challenges....Should be fun
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm RaNae I've known Sean and Lisa through MFP for as long as they've been here I've been looking for a group this looks like fun thank you both for creating this oh I'm 51 love to ride my bike and lift at home married for 29 years this May and living in Texas but originally from Rochester, NY
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I'm Ann . Been here awhile. Improved a lot of things but need to keep at it. Turn the big 6-0 in March so I like the idea of a challenge heading to my birthday. Thanks
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Oh and I live in SoCal which is actually getting some decent rain right now
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm T. I lost about 35 lbs a year ago but due to some work stress and subsequent lay off I emotionally ate my way back to where I started. I have about 80 lbs to lose and I look forward to stretching and getting some limberness back. I want to concentrate on fat loss and muscle gain. Good luck to all.

T~
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Wanda from Arizona and my goal is to lose the 12 pounds I've regained over the last 18-months. I'm looking forwards to a fun fill March with Sean and Lisa leading the way!
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    HI all! I;m JJ from Iowa-hence my user name! I have lost about 80 pounds since I decided to get in shape but 2015 was a rough year and I gained back about 20 pounds. I love to work out-cycling is a big part of my life when the weather is nice. I really am awful with logging my food and making good choices there!
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Tami and I'm 51 years old and live in Oklahoma. I joined mfp 4 years ago and lost 62lbs. Unfortunately, over the last year and a half I found 22 of those pounds. I am back on track and ready to have some fun in this challenge!
  • mudflatmabel
    mudflatmabel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Charlene, I need two total knee replacements, but I want to get into the hundreds. I was up to 300 a few years back and lost eighty pounds, but gained back forty. Now I want to get back to where I was and then some. I am my own worst enemy. I pretty much blew off last year but am off to a great start this year! Sean and Lisa are great! I was in 'The Soprano's' and did great! I can't wait to start this challenge and watch us all transform, get strong, and meet some great people!
  • andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Keto_T wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm T. I lost about 35 lbs a year ago but due to some work stress and subsequent lay off I emotionally ate my way back to where I started. I have about 80 lbs to lose and I look forward to stretching and getting some limberness back. I want to concentrate on fat loss and muscle gain. Good luck to all.

T~

I hear ya. Same thing happened to me with the layoff and the stress. Now I have a new life and a new career, time for a new body
  • SteveCro
    SteveCro Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Steve here 55 yrs old.... I'm from Indiana. Wife of 33 yrs and 3 grown children. Mostly ride a bike for my exercise indoors in the winter and out in the summer. This year I have made the choice to ride outdoors in the cold as much as I can. Need to loose 15 lbs to be where I want. Sounds like a fun group!
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I'm Christina and live in SC. I turn 40 in March so this is a good way to start it off on the right foot. I currently weigh 212 and my goal right now is 150. Looking forward to this challenge. Sounds like fun!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Kathy, I'm 39 and looking forward to this challenge as an extra motivator to help me get through March. I live in the Inland Northwest and looking forward to the warmer weather and longer days that come in March!
This discussion has been closed.