Jan 31 - Feb 6

Options
Dory_42
Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
As we head into our second month, what has been going well for you that you need to keep doing? Also, what has not been going well and what changes do you need to make as a result?

For me, January was pretty good although my eating was not the greatest. I am getting slack with logging and being strict with my food. That will improve. Training wise, I am doing well. BJJ competition this month and then I will be doing some knee rehab with a biokinetesist so I can begin fencing again. I also want to increase the amount of swimming I do, while summer is still here!

I ok with my weight and want to focus on toning up a bit more, whatever that means on the actual weight side.

Replies

• NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    My successes for January are that I am still on mfp, still logging my food and activity daily, and still getting support from my friends in this community group. The big change I need to make for February is stay below my calorie limit daily and not keep thinking it's okay to go a little over each day. I know that would make a big difference in weight loss. I love that I am feeling lighter already, but I cannot stop here because it is nowhere near "healthy".
  • NewOR2015
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @CaptainBoing and others, I know that we are not in the same time zone or season. I apologize for the times that I refer to time, weather, or season without thinking of where others are. A lot of times I just take a minute to check in with this group and add my comment of what comes quickly to mind. I usually make spelling errors and try to edit right away, but I don't take the time to think of how dumb my comment might sound to others who are not experiencing the same weather or climate conditions at the same time. In the same sense, "Slim by Summer" is actually "Slim, Strong, Healthy, etc. by Any Time in the Future & Forever After That".
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I too am happy to complete January still following my path to a healthier lifestyle by exercising daily, being mindful of what I eat and sticking to my commitment to login on MFP daily. My progress should be greater as I finish my 4th month but like NewOR2015 I have been ok to go over my calorie limit a little (or more) each day. I am renewing my commitment for February and look forward to hearing about all our progress over the next four weeks.
  • TrishV2013
    TrishV2013 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Overall, January went well for me. I dropped a few pounds and seem to have found a rhythm for my nutrition and eating. My goal this month is get under 180 pounds (181.6 right now) and go to the gym consistently during the week as well as participate in one barre class per week, probably on the weekend. I accomplished my big professional goal for the month of January so I am looking forward to tackling my next goal of completing my thesis for my second masters degree. I am so close to being done...I just need to push myself. I am also turning 31 in February (on the 15th) and am looking forward to being healthier and leaner than I ever was in my 20s.

Have a great week everyone!
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    @MrsVelapanur Congratulations on your academic accomplishments as well as your weight loss for January! You should be proud to have met your professional and personal goals. You will look and feel incredible on your birthday knowing how much you accomplished this past year. And that is just the beginning. Way to go!!!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    What I like most about February is that it's a short month and will bring us closer to spring. LOL :)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    So February I really need to get my fanny in gear and lose those last few lbs before I go into the dr's at the end of march. I don't want to step on his scale and not have my cushion and I don't stay in the green section.
  • Living360
    Options
    @2020pinktogo I'm going full speed in Feb too! Well, as best I can :smiley: My next Milestone is March 17th my 30th Wedding Anniversary. I won't be close to my weight back then but I want to be my best me. My husband and I both have that comfortable, cushy married 30 years look. And I wouldn't change a thing other than being healthier so we can go 30 more. Have a great day everyone!
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    I am so glad I have no dr appt or family celebration coming up soon. That means I have months to get myself in better shape. But I need to take advantage of each day and work on improving myself instead of wasting time maintaining rather than losing weight.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I have less than four weeks until competitions are over so I'm getting super strict with food. No junk, low carb. For this month, healthy options ONLY and push hard at training... 13 and 28 Feb are d-days!!!!
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    February is Heart Month so we should all be eating healthy, good-for-your-heart foods. That's not the kind of food I grew up with so it's hard for me.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    My body is still aching from working this weekend. I'm beat so I'm going to exercise and then just rest before I go into work today.
  • TrishV2013
    Options
    @NewOR2015 - thank you for bringing that up. Yes, it is very important that we make heart healthy choices, as heart attacks and heart disease often sneak up on women.

My father, who is 50, had a quintuple bypass at the end of May...he also has hypertension and diabetes. Heart disease runs in my family, as does diabetes, hypertension, Bipolar, depression, and alcoholism. So yeah...the deck is stacked against me. I am, however, doing the best I can to make sure I make healthy choices. I really didn't put any effort into it until last June, right after my dad's surgery. He said he didn't want us to have to deal with this. So that...along with just being tired of hating myself in pictures...is what spurred my weight loss efforts.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Well I know I'm in trouble today at work. My ulcer is already all worked upped. We had a young kid almost slice his finger tip off and the mom in me went into action and got him all bandaged up applying pressure while the manager on duty got the paperwork ready for him to go get stitched back up. when it was over she goes do you know what you did I said yes I do I bandaged up a bloody kid and I signed the paperwork stating I would not touch bloodborne pathogens. She goes you didn't get one drop of blood on you damn your good. I live in a small town I know these kids parents. How can I look them in the face and not help their child when I have asked them to take care of mine. How can I not help someone who comes to me for help even if he's not my dept. Ugh Oh well we shall see what happens.
  • Living360
    Options
    @2020pinktogo You rose to the occasion, great job!

@MrsVelapanur You're accomplishments are many. Our family history is not destiny, it is the story of where we came from. Goodness knows my family has many issues too. Good for you for making the right choices to avoid as much of the unavoidable as possible.

You are both positive influences, as is everyone I've met here on MFP.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    @2020pinktogo You did great! It's hard to plan for every situation and predict how we will respond to it. We just go with our first instinct and hope it's the right thing. I'm sure that kid's parents appreciate what you did.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    On a different note, I'm thinking of throwing my scale out the window. I know I shouldn't focus on a number, but I am losing patience. My clothes are loose, my energy has increased, I feel better, etc.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    I consider my scale the enemy I have it banished to the basement. I literally have to go to the basement to weigh myself and when it gives me a number I don't like I like the fact I get to leave it downstairs in the dark and I lock the door. My husband will be like Hmmmm...... did something down there offend you that you locked the door. I'm like Yep keep the door locked. ;)
  • TrishV2013
    Options
    The scale is just a numbers game...what really matters is how you feel and the inches you are losing. My scale goes back and forth around the same set of numbers but I can see a lot of difference in how lean my body is becoming and how my clothes fit.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    I don't have a basement. Maybe I'll stick my scale in the attic for a while. :)

I did my 6 hr drive to my mom's house today, and, for the first time ever, I took my walk before driving! Usually, I skip the walk on driving day. I'm going to sleep well tonight.