Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New Circle Of Friends

I recently started running to get in shape. I have lost about 15 pounds and think I'm close to my ideal weight. None of my friends run or exercise much so I'm basically looking to make a new circle of friends. I'm in Palmerton, Pennsylvania. I'm married with 5 kids. If you would like to join my circle of friends to chat about whatever, please send me and add. I would love to have more friends on runkeeper to compete with. Thanks and hope to hear from you guys soon.

Replies

• ukbeccie
    ukbeccie Posts: 6
    Hi, I've been running since January - I'm planning to do a half marathon in October. I still only go quite slowly, although I can do about 7k in an hour. I'm not sure that I'm ready to compete - unless it's on the distance. I understand that I should be aiming to do 15-20k each week (I try to run x3 weekly)
    My question is how do you decide on an ideal weight?
  • SadySky
    SadySky Posts: 2
    I can't add you, since your profile isn't active.
  • georgiansus
    georgiansus Posts: 9 Member
    Started logging my runs seriously from Mar 2013. could run max 2 min then, now have recentlt completed 10kkm nonstop. next target is faster 5km and 10km. all the best
  • sure if you would like to be friends add me
  • cidalia1973
    cidalia1973 Posts: 51 Member
    I'm back.. I left for a few days to give Endomondo a go. It's a nice app and seems to have even more exercise options than Runkeeper; however, it was NOT playing nice with my phone (freezing, crashing, taking forever to figure out where it was if I paused my phone). I used it alongside Runkeeper, and Runkeeper just worked better.

So I'm back. Looking for some fitness buddies on Runkeeper. My goals are to lose weight, but the running / hiking thing is more for purposes of increasing my fitness level. At age 40, I'm not getting any younger.

My Runkeeper name is CidaliaMP
  • dmg8500
    dmg8500 Posts: 31 Member
    Hello been using runkeeper for about 2 months now. Looking for new friends. My username is dmg8500