Margaret

Options
emshields1
emshields1 Posts: 208 Member
I am 43 this year. I want to be at my goal weight of 150. I was there three years ago and got up to 175. Now back down to 160. These ten pounds are the toughest. I am 5'11. I will try to get my measurements tonight and in tomorrow. My calories are 1320 a day which I find hard to not exceed about half the time and I exercise between 5 and 6 days a week. I have three kids and coach three basketball teams. I work at a high stress job for Bayer. I like to find a group that helps keep me accountable. I started in November.

Replies

• PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!
  • emshields1
    Options
    Really weak workout yesterday because of fatigue or didn't want to be there at 5:00 am but decided to take today off. Will do a serious set of legs tomorrow. I am feeling guilty but I think it is needed.
  • emshields1
    Options
    With no working out to add calories, 1320 calories is going to be a tough goal today.
  • arnottr3
    arnottr3 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work
  • emshields1
    Options
    Thanks!!!!
  • emshields1
    Options
    I worked legs yesterday and I am so sore!!!! Last time before my ski trip in Utah next week. I am so excited....afraid about food though. It is really tough to eat on the road. I don't do it well at all. I haven't been drinking wine at home and have stopped cokes completely. But on a trip I am afraid I will slip back into those old habits...a little scared.
  • PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Have you made a plan for how to continue with your healthier food/drink habits? Maybe consider alternatives that are between the healthy vs. unhealthy options? Something easily accessible, even if it's not what you'd choose at home? Planning it out ahead of time can help reduce the likelihood of giving in when the unhealthy choice seems like the easiest one.
  • emshields1
    Options
    J...thanks for the advice and input. I will go to the grocery and get some healthy staples for breakfast. At least I will be more in line with one meal. It is a meeting slash ski trip...meeting all week ski all weekend. Meetings are one of my triggers, they bring in hot chocolate chip cookies at 3:00 break and it is hard to have the carrots. Just need to allow myself some room, don't think make it or break it. If i have some cookie it will not be the end of the world or the end of my getting fit journey just a bump. Each time I have fallen off the fitness wagon it starts with a big break in routine, but understanding this may help me overcome it
  • JBsJazz
    JBsJazz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi Ems, I too traveled for many years and tried to stay on track. I know what you mean about those meetings too and all the constant food choices. It can be quite the challenge. I know for me it helped to get my exercise (treadmill, etc) done first thing in the morning. One being it was done for the day and not trying to figure out how to fit it in therefore no excuses. The other benefit- after putting that much hard work in I was less likely to make bad food choices because that was hard work! Lol. Also after its done you feel more powerful, strong and you are worth giving yourself the respect by sticking to your goals. Focus on the people, the activities...hang with those people that are making healthy choices. It makes it easier for you to stay strong. Come home feeling strong and fabulous. You got this!
  • emshields1
    Options
    JBsJazz....thank you for the support. It went pretty well. I didn't gain any weight and I did work our three mornings. And I got to ski the others days. I went on another trip last week and didn't do as well. It was late nights and missed my workouts. Drank several glasses of wine. Did better on my ski trip with alcohol intake. I am back on track now. I have another trip this week but I have scheduled it on my off work-out day. I am planning to take some protein powder and some of my healthy snacks to stay away from convenience food. Two weeks and no weight loss is hard to take but the up side is I didn't gain.
  • JBsJazz
    Options
    That is a huge upside!! I hate that cycle of going back and losing the same weight again, it can feel very defeating. So awesome job keeping active and mixing healthy choices in to maintain balance!!
    I know that alcohol one can be sneaky...that's why my week was just 1 lb loss. GREAT JOB!
  • emshields1
    Options
    Thank you for the support. It is good to remember the positives. Traveled yesterday....started at 3:30 in the morning so it blew my day a little. I had coke for the first time in about two weeks. I have to be honest it was good. But I am back on track today...just a bump...or that is what I tell myself.
  • emshields1
    Options
    I have had a great workout week and a little better than okay food week. I am thankful that I have been able to push this hard this week. I can definitely feel and see the changes in my body, I wish the scale would reflect it. I don't know about this plateau thing but I am feeling maybe I am having one. I am a little frustrated. I want to quit pulling my butt up with my jeans now....not several months from now. I want the body I had ten years ago today and I am afraid that body may be gone forever. I have been working out and changing my lifestyle since November.....I should be able to solve 8 months of neglect with four months of working out right...I am having a bit of a down day probably because I am tired from all the working out.
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Have you taken measurements? Even with a plateau on the scale with all the good things you are doing changes ARE happening with your body that might just reflect better with a measuring tape.

:)
  • JBsJazz
    Options
    Sounds like you had a great week!! Every step we take adds up, I know there are days when we feel frustrated- hang in there, you got this!
  • emshields1
    Options
    Thank you again for the support. I took measurements earlier on and thought I posted them here but I guess not. I will try to measure again. I saw Jenny's difference it was great.
  • JBsJazz
    Options
    You beat me in those #<!!# planks that I love sooo much! Good job. You inspired me to keep trying. Glad we're done with that! (Though Jillian is threatening more...).
  • emshields1
    Options
    Thanks Jenny. Here it is again late in the week and I am tired and thinking negative thoughts. I worked really hard yesterday on my calorie intake and was still over. I did a little stress eating by have a couple of chocolates off the admins desk. On a positive note I had to move the belt in another notch this morning and vaca is only 3 days away.
  • emshields1
    Options
    I spent a beautiful week on the coast in California and it makes me wonder why I live where I do. Anyway, I have a funny story about working out and running. I was at a leadership team meeting and one of my colleagues does marathons. She has tried to get me interested but I just don't know with my family and job if I have the time or the want to for that type of training schedule, but I have been jogging some and playing with the idea. So at this meeting I was proud to tell her I completed a 6 mile run in an hour two Sunday's ago. She immediately invited me on a run with her and several other people the next morning on the beautiful California coast. She said there would be people that ran at my pace....famous last words. I showed up at 5:15 in the lobby in my husband's extra large t-shirt and tights. The group, two men and my colleague, where in high tech running gear. Specifically my colleague was in a sports bra and micro shorts with less than 5% body fat. Here I am definitely not at the level of these guys and staring at a 5 mile run. Where I live it is flat topography...I mean really flat....California coast line is not flat and the first mile was up hill... They where all three up at the top of the hill running in circles waiting on me. I could hardly breathe and they seemed to just had a nice stroll. I breathlessly...said go on leave me behind. All this was outside my comfort zone but I completed 4.5 miles at a 9 minute pace so ultimately it was a great experience for me. My take away is that I might step out of my comfort zone and find a group to run with....it may push me harder and faster to my weight loss goals.
  • JBsJazz
    Options
    Funny, funny!! Glad it all worked out!! Reminds me of my downhill skiing story....you can do this one Jenny...it an "easy" triple black diamond run....they said... :o:s

Welcome back- sounds like you had a great vacation. Good:)