Hot Tamales CHAT (2/1 - 2/7) - Wk #5

Options
Week #4 - share about your thoughts regarding the show. What did you like, didn't like, learned, who did you relate to etc.

Sorry this is late. So no commercial challenge.

DEADLINE: Sun, Feb 7th @ midnight

Replies

• atrosper
    atrosper Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I wasn't too surprised to see the twins go home for the week from that first challenge. I'm glad that they were both able to well at home. I am actually kind of glad that Rob went home, because I felt that he learned enough to be able to still lose weight at home. I'm glad they showed a clip from the doctor saying that he's extended is life expectancy so much. I was glad that in the second hour they had to get out into the world and see how they can handle it. With the teams being split up, I was surprised to see Luis go home, but I'm glad that he has been able to lose weight at home. Like he had said, I think his low loss this week as due to not having that team dynamic, and not having his team depending on him. I'm glad that the teams were broken up this week, so that they can kind of get the feeling of that independent feeling, and to teach them that they can't depend on other people to lose weight.
  • BlessedMystique
    BlessedMystique Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Random thoughts here....
    ***that food at Roberto and Luis' house looked amazing!
    ****everyone's starting to look real small so that's exciting!
    ***How did they still lose weight after a night of drinking?! I don't drink but I thought there a lot of calories in alcohol?
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Luis went home. I do not think he deceived that. He done the workouts and seemed to eat ok. But he did not loss the weight he will do great at home. See what happens next week
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Random thoughts here....
    ***that food at Roberto and Luis' house looked amazing!
    ****everyone's starting to look real small so that's exciting!
    ***How did they still lose weight after a night of drinking?! I don't drink but I thought there a lot of calories in alcohol?

Yes, that food did look very delicious! They talked so much about their Mom's pozole, that I want to look that up to see what it is exactly. It didn't really look that fattening to me (compared to the cheese smothered enchiladas).

There are calories in alcohol, but not really that much in say 2 shots of whatever. A tequila shot is about 65 calories. So, if they each had 2, that would only be about 130 calories.
  • lexiss91
    lexiss91 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    The show was actually pretty interesting this week in my opinion. I liked how the contestants had to go into the real world and choose between working out or enjoying a random activity of some kind. Some made the right decisions and others did not and that is exactly how it is in the real world :) I also give major props to Erin this week because she pulled out of her 2 week slump and came out on top.

Cant wait for next week!
  • twinkle150
    twinkle150 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Yes, that food did look very delicious! They talked so much about their Mom's pozole, that I want to look that up to see what it is exactly. It didn't really look that fattening to me (compared to the cheese smothered enchiladas).

There are calories in alcohol, but not really that much in say 2 shots of whatever. A tequila shot is about 65 calories. So, if they each had 2, that would only be about 130 calories.

I thought the pozole would be OK to eat too. As long as he didn't have 6 bowls of it.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I know the show is on tonight, but I probably won't be able to watch it until tomorrow (hubby is not a fan). It's make-over week! My favorite. So fun to see them all spiffed up and looking fine! I may just have to go watch in the other room. :)

Re: the pozole - it really isn't even fattening! I looked it up in MFP database. It's actually pretty low calorie - averaging about 120 calories per cup. You could have a pretty large bowl and still be under 400 or so. Oh, but we'll have 1 carrot instead, LOL. Too funny!