Not by choice

Options
Byronic_Ryu
Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
I wish I wasn't forced to becoming gluten free but my doctor gave me specific instructions for the food I am to consume. I noticed all the pseudo grains and grains listed said gluten free next to them. Honestly, I never saw myself going gluten free but it looks like my health issues have pushed me to this path. I do hope to see some positive results.

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    It can be a big adjustment but you get used to it. Luckily these days product selection and quality has improved and more restaurants are offering gluten free menus. :)
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    @anglyn1
    I feel better after talking to other people about it. I know there are people who made fun of the whole gluten free fad but honestly, I am so happy because the options have definitely opened up for those who have to be on the diet for health reasons.
  • jasperandlady1960
    jasperandlady1960 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been gluten free for a while now due to health reasons. There are so many new products out there now compared to when I started. I still basically stay away from the processed stuff as much as possible. It takes time to get used to but it gets easier. You will be surprised how much better you may feel. I know I did.