february focus thread - month goals

Options
canadianlbs
canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
squats: form only, weight irrelevant.
bench: add 5 to make 80
deadlift: 150 would make me feel like a monster.
rows: 75?
ohp: 60+ again.

Replies

• kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Add weight....doesn't matter how much, I just want to add something!!

Keep doing kettlebells on rest days.

Enjoy skiing and stay injury free!!

Keep working on that damned pull up!!
  • Isca_1
    Isca_1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Want to start losing pounds, so I think this means stop shoving food in my face. Ugh, what a goal....
    Adding weight to bar every session in the gym.
    Keep watching my form so I don't injure myself.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    OHP hit 90 lbs
    DL's get 2 @ 225
    Bench 2 @ 110
    Squat 3 @ 165
    These are the programmed weights for my 1 week. I think I can hit those reps.

I am also going to be consistently below 140 lbs for weight. It is totally do able even factoring in my one mental health day (that will include a Chinese buffet).

Start running, I don't have any goals for this other than get out there at this point.
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Train smart, stay injury free. Easier said than done.
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Schedule in a routine of weight training, yoga, cycling and hiking - and stick to it for the entire month.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    hmmmm

Squat 190+ for working set
    Research powerlifting meets and training
    Post 2 blog posts this month.
    Read 1 book
    5 days a week write 250 words on YA novels, different books and editing on the other 2 days
    Look into transfer possibilities and other options.
    Try yoga a few times
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Increase bench to 50kg
    Get confidence back with Dead lifting - hoping session with Trainer will help
    Continue with Front Squatting to depth on bench hopefully add weight to 60 kg or at least 5x5 at 50kg
    Convince Trainer to let me do more strength lifting move away from Hypertrophy reps of 15
    Sort out script for School Musical work out stage plan and set design and survive working with teens.

• Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I really would like to be able just to commit to 3 days a week weight lifting at the gym. Want to work on my form first after being off of SL for a little and then up the weights for March. :)
  • awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm leaving town end of February and I really want to not fall off the wagon when I get home. All other times I leave town or go on vacation, it takes me weeks to get my eating back and to start weight lifting again.

Also I want to do more yoga.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    update: i'm adding c25k. totally no idea why, but the fit just suddenly came upon me.

so: do it through all of this month, exactly whatever they say, and then see what happens.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    hmmmm

Squat 190+ for working set
    Research powerlifting meets and training
    Post 2 blog posts this month.
    Read 1 book
    5 days a week write 250 words on YA novels, different books and editing on the other 2 days
    Look into transfer possibilities and other options.
    Try yoga a few times

Update and bump since the month is nearing the end, even though we get that extra day. :wink:

I did get to 190 for my working set because I switched to the peak cycle, which required me to drop the weights so I can work my way up. Did do the research since I'm attempting a peak cycle and getting ready for the meet. Still need to look up a little on belts and uniform though.

No blog posts so far and really need to pick a time and just write several. I have topics, just need to get them done. No reading either and I've written several days a week but not all 5 with 250 or more on YA but some work on other things a couple days a week.

Did have a few days of no writing, like yesterday when I ended up with the 10 hour shift followed by gym and next day going in at 8 am. Today I've gotten some non-YA stuff worked on and might also try to get a little in chapter 18 of NW done before going to bed.

No real progress in looking at other options. Need to do my taxes and figure out when I can go visit my sister in LA.

Did try yoga a couple of times a week. Have a little time left but need to figure out the pay scale cause it might not be feasible right now to do yoga on a regular basis.

Some progress and some falling behind. Not too bad of a month thus far. Only bad news is my next day off from work is March 1, so will need to cram anything else in while also working.
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    ninenines wrote: »
    Train smart, stay injury free. Easier said than done.

Yeah, didn't manage that. Strained my calf going for a run about 5 days later. :/ I actually made that post in reference to my back however, which has stayed good and I did back off a couple of times when it didn't feel quite right.