Fitbit/Yoga

Options
eganita
eganita Posts: 501 Member
Hey!

So, I've been trying to record a workout when I do yoga, just because I like to see my list of activities on my log. I know I won't get too many steps or calories burned from a yoga session, but I still would like having it there.

My Fitbit refuses to log this as a workout and actually thinks I am SLEEPING during yoga. It's good I'm relaxed and all, but I'm definitely not sleeping.

I have my sleep setting set to "normal". Does anyone know of anything else I could do to prevent my Fitbit from classifying my yoga as sleep?

Thanks!

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Manually log or edit it. My One did that, I think, when I put it in exercise mode and then did yoga. My Charge HR doesn't seem to. But, either way you can either just note your start and end times and log it manually or you can edit the sleep record it creates and tell it to change it to an activity record, then label it as yoga.
  • eganita
    Options
    Ok cool! Thanks for the advice!
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I put mine in workout mode when class starts, and turn it off when it ends.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    ridge4mfp wrote: »

That's what she did already, but because the steps aren't there to give a clue it is exercise - it assumed sleep.
  • eganita
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    ridge4mfp wrote: »

That's what she did already, but because the steps aren't there to give a clue it is exercise - it assumed sleep.

Maybe I'll try workout mode again but randomly throw in a couple of steps here and there during yoga, so it knows I am awake!! haha. :) Really, this isn't the end of the world, but just one of those little things that irk me!

Thanks everyone!
  • SheilaShines
    SheilaShines Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry this is happening but it cracked me up you have to add steps to your yoga workout. LOL I don't want to walk from the bedroom to the kitchen without it tracking. That would drive me INSANE. :)
  • eganita
    Options
    I'm sorry this is happening but it cracked me up you have to add steps to your yoga workout. LOL I don't want to walk from the bedroom to the kitchen without it tracking. That would drive me INSANE. :)

hahhaha!!! I am the same exact way!!!!