Keto BLT with egg salad

Options
motown13
motown13 Posts: 688 Member
OK, use your own recipe with this for the egg salad. I just mix stuff together until I like the way it tastes....

You will also need:

Lettuce leaves
Crispy bacon
A slice of tomato - if you allow for that in your carb count ( diced )

Lay a leaf out. Place egg salad down the middle of the leaf. Place diced tomato next to the salad, and then bacon outside the tomato. Fold it up like a taco, and enjoy!

Replies

• ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I made a Black Forest ham sandwich like this today but will try this egg salad tomorrow it sounds great!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • seussbaby
    seussbaby Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Atkins has a really good egg salad recipe…
    egg salad with capers.
    4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
    2 tablespoons mayonnaise
    1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    1 tablespoon small capers or chopped large capers
    Half teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon or quarter teaspoon crumbled dried tarragon
    salt-and-pepper to taste

combine eggs mayonnaise mustard celery capers Tarragon salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well. server or store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to one day.
    Serves 2

total carbs: 2.2 grams
    per serving: 1.1 gram
  • seussbaby
    Options
    sorry for the typos in that recipe... doing it from my phone, without glasses! :-)
  • bametels
    Options
    @seussbaby - So glad you posted to this thread. I forgot about it and I've got some hard-boiled eggs to use up!
  • seussbaby
    Options
    bametels wrote: »
    @seussbaby - So glad you posted to this thread. I forgot about it and I've got some hard-boiled eggs to use up!
    it's GOOD! i think the capers make it! :smile:
  • bametels
    Options
    I didn't have capers so I went ahead and made the BLT version. Instead of putting the bacon on top of the egg salad, I mixed the bacon into the eggs. Instead of mayo, I added the teaspoon of bacon fat that cooked out of the slice of bacon into the egg and bacon mixture. Boy was it delicious and filling! I'll have to try seussbaby's recipe next time!!
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Definitely have to try!!