I really like my PF

Options
I'm happy to find yhis group of fellow PF members/users. I've been a member of the Stow, Ohio PF for about a year and I like it. Whenever PF is mentioned on the regular MFP fitness boards, there seems to be so much negative feedback; I just don't get it. My experiences have always been positive there. I use the strength training machines, and it meets my needs.

Replies

• 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Just did the PF circuit this morning. I probably wouldn't be doing my strength training otherwise. It meets my needs as well. I mostly go for the massage beds. Also enjoyed the bagels this morning.
  • pamwentzel
    pamwentzel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love pf also! I was wondering if anyone knows how to add the "30 minute workout" to MFP? I figured out how to add the steps but the weights are different, so not really sure how to add this to my exercise. Any help would be appreciated.
  • betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I belong to PF but haven't been there since this fall. I must be crazy for paying a gym, and not showing up. I think that I will make an effort to go there starting this week.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    betsym3 wrote: »
    I belong to PF but haven't been there since this fall. I must be crazy for paying a gym, and not showing up. I think that I will make an effort to go there starting this week.

Many of us, myself included, have paid for a gym membership in the past and not gone for some period of time. When you start back this week, the key thing will be that you've started back and all that will matter is what you do moving forward.

• 20yearsyounger
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to show up. It takes care of itself when you get there.
  • lessismoreohio
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to show up. It takes care of itself when you get there.

Very wise; thank you for commenting.
  • betsym3
    Options
    Lessismoreohio and 20yearsyoun... I still haven't gotten to the gym yet, but you are both right. I just need to get myself there, and the rest will take care of itself. Thank you both for the encouragement!
  • betsym3
    Options
    I still haven't been going to the gym, but plan to. I also wanted to point out that Planet Fitness started in Dover, NH. I used to go to that one, but now I am going to the one in Rochester, NH where I live. This was the second Planet Fitness in the country. I'm kind of proud of this little fact! Not many things like this were first started in my local area!
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    betsym3 wrote: »
    I still haven't been going to the gym, but plan to. I also wanted to point out that Planet Fitness started in Dover, NH. I used to go to that one, but now I am going to the one in Rochester, NH where I live. This was the second Planet Fitness in the country. I'm kind of proud of this little fact! Not many things like this were first started in my local area!

Not trying to be big brother or anything but why haven't you gone yet? Obviously you really want to or you would not be posting. Sometimes, you just have to do it - whether you feel like it or not. Make an attempt to go at least 1 time in the next 3 days. Just do it!
  • lessismoreohio
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @betsym3, I was debating whether or not to go tonight myself. Your note and @20yearsyounger 's note convinced me to just do it.

@betsym3, I'll try and remember to post here tomorrow with an update on my trip tonight to the Stow (Ohio) PF. I hope to see your post here as well with an update on your trip to the PF in Rochester. We can and should encourage each other.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    Heading there now for lunch. I may do the 30 minute express circuit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcW_-VSXiNk
  • betsym3
    Options
    Lessismoreohio I will try to make it to Planet Fitness more often, and keep you posted.
  • lessismoreohio
    Options
    Well I did make it last night and I'm glad I did. I was feeling a little burned out from the work week, and getting to the gym re-energized me. i look forward to getting back there again today or tomorrow.

Everyone have a great week-end!
  • betsym3
    Options
    I still haven't made it to Planet Fitness this week, but I did go for a 40 minute walk on a local trail. It was beautiful walking on the railroad bed through the lake! Relaxing and exercise at the same time.
  • betsym3
    Options
    I didn't make it to Planet Fitness, but went on a 90 minute walk on an old railroad bed trail with my niece yesterday! It felt great! I hope to do this at least once a week with her, and maybe another time on the weekend with my husband.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I'm about to join PF.... hopefully it's more popular than this thread. lol