There is a solution...

Options
My name's Michele, I am a compulsive overeater. I have been in a recovery program for about 30 yrs. Both your stories remind me that I've lived and experienced the frustrating loss of the ability to STOP eating...I have learned over the years that I have an allergy to certain foods that trigger that compulsion. Fortunately I was blessed to discover some of those 'trigger' foods and given the power to just NOT eat them. I had many years of 'normal' weight and then got married. With a 30 pound weight gain, frustrated, and still not eating certain 'trigger' foods, but gaining weight, I attended a OA retreat in Bradonton FL. Speaker Lawrie C. implored all to just Work the Steps...These are the 12 steps started by Bill W. of AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) With a recommittment at that retreat, 3 weeks ago, Working the Steps and logging my food on My fitness pal and seeing the nutritional values, I've lost 6 pounds...YAY! There is likely an Overeaters Anonymous Group near you, key it in and you will find the site. Unfortunately, it is attended by mostly women. However, Lawrie C. is a man and he has hours and hours of 'way to recovery' lectures found at Bigbook.info....There is a better way.

By the way, I don't eat white sugar products, but on fitnesspal I saw I was consuming way too many carbs and sugar in other forms. With the support of my OA group I find support to keep on track to a healthier life style. I hope you both are doing well on your path.