Graduation June 2010: 165
Left My Abusive BF Decmber 2010: 185
Got Married to the Best Man Ever Feb 2012: 150
Found Out I'm Pregnant May 2012: 137
Gave Birth Feb 2013: 185
Got Pregnant Again May 2014: 150
Gave Birth Feb 2015: 215
Now: 220

Up and down and up and down and now up...up...and more up!

Since July 2015 (when I stopped nursing my son), I started having pelvic pain. I would get these menstrual-like cramps that would wake me up in the middle of the night, which was unusual. Eventually these cramps became stronger and came more frequently. By November, after having weeks of daily pain, sometimes doubling-over from it, I had a diagnostic laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis. It was there alright. It wasn't bad. Only stage 1, though staging has no correlation with pain levels. My doctor "zapped" the endo and was confident I would feel much better once I healed from the surgery. Recovery was fine, but within a month I was back to having daily pain. With two kids, ages 1 and 3, daily pain isn't really an option.

During this time period I medicated myself the only way I know how. I drank alcohol and ate comfort food. Bad idea. Not only are they inflammatory foods, but they are super high in calories too, which leaves me here at 220 pounds. Totally my fault.

Currently I'm on Lupron for 6 months. I just got my first injection last Wednesday. I would have rather had a hysterectomy but insurance wasn't going to give me that option without first trying this drug. Regardless of what I do, endometriosis can come back at any time...and that sucks. Since I just got my first injection, my estrogen levels increase for a few weeks before my pituitary gland shuts down my ovaries. Because I'm sure every 24 year old wants to be put in chemical menopause for 6 months...possibly gaining MORE weight.

I can't let it happen. I'm being gentle of myself because my hormone levels are through the roof, it feels. All of my goals are reasonable. I have my calories set at 2,000 which is a small deficit with my average of 7,000 steps a day. My goal is to not gain any weight while I'm on this treatment, and even hopefully lose a little. I don't want to push myself too much in the beginning until I'm actually in menopause and I know how I'm going to feel (and what my mood and appetite are going to be like).

That's where I'm at today with my s***-show of a life. Haha.

Replies

• Gremlin131313
    Gremlin131313 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Having more good days than bad days diet/exercise-wise. Just doing my best. Got over 9k steps yesterday which is the most I've done in a long time.

I can feel the Lupron kicking in. Had my first hot flash yesterday.

That's about it for right now, lol.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're having more good days than bad! Great job on the 9k steps! :)
  • PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I think it's great that you've set realistic goals for yourself. In some ways that really puts you ahead of the game. Good job!
  • kettiecat
    kettiecat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Off topic: did you see they're doing another Gremlin movie?
  • Gremlin131313
    Options
    kettiecat wrote: »
    Off topic: did you see they're doing another Gremlin movie?

I've never seen any of them!

People have always called me a little gremlin, though, lol.
  • Gremlin131313
    Options
    So these are supposed to be entries about my weight loss journey, but over the past week there has been no weight loss. Well really more like over the past five-friggin-thousand weeks because I've been practically drowning in all my other medical problems.

I can tell that the Lupron should be putting me into menopause within a week or two because my hormones are currently through the roof. I'm so emotional. I unreasonably blubber over everything, have acne and oily hair and my endo pain is to the max. Come on, ovaries. Shut down already.

It turns out I also have a back injury from shoveling snow and lowering my sons crib mattress (making me have to work really hard to grab his 25 pound *kitten*). Once I feel better I really have to start strengthening my core. Its wrecked from being pregnant. I carried like a moose, and by the end of the pregnancy my abs were separated by more than the width of my entire hand. Currently, they're about an inch apart, and I don't do sit-ups or anything like that because it weirds me out, but I know there's so much more I can do to strengthen my entire core.

It would be nice to see a loss this next week, but honestly if I end the week not in a mental hospital or jail, I'll count that as a win! Hah!