Hot Tamales CHAT (2/8-2/14) - Wk #6

Options
Week #6 - Already makeover week. hard to believe. share about your thoughts regarding the show. What did you like, didn't like, learned, who did you relate to etc.

Commercial Challenge: I know you won't want to miss a minute of the makeovers, so we'll stay in your living room :)

1st Hour:
One commercial: Legs - Lay on floor and perform side leg lifts, each leg.
2nd commercial: Arms - Pushups
3rd commercial: Abs - Situps and/or v-sits

2nd Hour:
one commercial: legs - squats (standing or hold against wall)
2nd commercial: abs - reverse crunches
3rd commercial: Stretches / Yoga type of wind down for the night

DEADLINE: Sun, Feb 14th @ midnight

Replies

• twinkle150
    twinkle150 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Challenge completed,
    IDK the makeovers I didn't find too exciting this year. At the weigh-ins the women all look like they are wearing spanx.

I enjoyed the challenge where the families had to participate, although I don't know how even it was. But I guess it didn't matter in the end as the 1 pound advantage wouldn't have made any difference to the 2 under the yellow line.

Sad what some have had to deal with in their past lives
  • atrosper
    atrosper Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Challenge complete.

I definitely felt the emotions for the first hour during the makeovers. I was expecting two people to go home this week, but was glad to see that it was a two hour special that was focused on just one week, instead of an hour a week. I was glad that the families stayed and did a challenge with the contestants, it gave them a glimpse into a day on the ranch and what their loved ones are going through on the ranch. I was hoping that Felicia would go home, but alas she is still there. She is, in my opinion, the cockiest most self centered person there. I am so ready for the finale now, so that we can see everyone who has gone home. I'm just not ready for this group to be over, because I don't feel that it's been long enough, especially since they've been fast forwarding through the season.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I only watched the first half today, so also did the first half of the commercial challenge. I'll watch and do the rest tomorrow. Makeovers were OK. Obviously, some of them still have a ways to go with weight loss. They all looked pretty good, although some of the wardrobe choices were a bit questionable. I love Tim Gunn, but didn't love all the outfits this year. Helloooo Felicia's boobs! Even Bob Harper had a hard time not staring (and he's gay). She also had a real hard time walking in those heels. LOL

I was a little disappointed in the family challenge. I thought they'd actually have to do some exercise to help with the challenge. Spinning a weight on a post is not exercise and pitting grown-ups against children is not fair by any stretch of the imagination.
  • twinkle150
    twinkle150 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    atrosper wrote: »
    Challenge complete.

I definitely felt the emotions for the first hour during the makeovers. I was expecting two people to go home this week, but was glad to see that it was a two hour special that was focused on just one week, instead of an hour a week. I was glad that the families stayed and did a challenge with the contestants, it gave them a glimpse into a day on the ranch and what their loved ones are going through on the ranch. I was hoping that Felicia would go home, but alas she is still there. She is, in my opinion, the cockiest most self centered person there. I am so ready for the finale now, so that we can see everyone who has gone home. I'm just not ready for this group to be over, because I don't feel that it's been long enough, especially since they've been fast forwarding through the season.

There is a lose 1 pound a week group http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/109303-lose-1-pound-a-week-2016 that has a subgroup Biggest Loser Challenge that will be running all year. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10327903/biggest-loser-team-dolvett-vs-team-jen-additions#latest They do weekly challenges for extra motivation. Some a food, some exercise/stretching and some inspiration if you are looking for a group
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Finished the show today. Commercial challenge completed.

I was hoping Felicia would go home this week, but Lauren was a close second. Neither of those ladies are endearing whatsoever. Felicia was my least favorite from week 1 and Lauren is a big whiner. They both get an A+ in the "poor, pitiful me club".

Although Colby bugged me a bit in the beginning, I'm now rooting for him big time. He's had one of the roughest obstacles to overcome and yet he has a very positive attitude about life. I also still like Erin, although I don't love her new hairdo as much as Bob Harper. LOL

This season has gone fast! Glad they're all losing weight - too bad I'm not! Ugh.

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I got the commercial challenge done. I liked the show this week liked the losses posted this week and really enjoyed the group challenge the way they got the families in
  • lexiss91
    lexiss91 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    COMMERCIAL CHALLENGE: DONE!

I definitely like the makeover episode :) It wasn't really as shocking or surprising as previous makeovers but it was made up with a lot of heart and emotion. Tim Gunn was fabulous as always and I love how they made the family members participate as well :)

To be honest, Erin is starting to work my nerves a little bit. She always talks like she has it altogether and I've never really seen he be vulnerable or emotional. I feel like everyone else I have somewhat of an emotional connection but Erin is showing the same surface I've seen on day 1.

The person I really felt for this week was Stephens and Jacky's daughter. I grew up with obesity all my childhood and I really felt a connection with her and her determination to prove herself :)