Low Carb Easy Keto Bread

Options
ladipoet
ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
Got this recipe off a YouTube video. Made up a triple batch of it 2 week-ends ago. Very easy simple recipe to whip up.

1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 Tablespoon baking powder
1 Tablespoon whole psyllium husks
1 Cup ground flaxseed (I used golden flaxseed meal)
1 egg + 2 egg whites
1/4 Cup water
3 Tablespoons Sugar Free Maple Syrup (I used a homemade version)
2 & 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil

Here's a link to the video if interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmPKmCAvOsw

Mix all dry ingredients together. In separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients together. Combine wet and dry ingredients and whisk / mix together well. The dough is very wet - this is normal. Pour into pan(s). Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes - 1 hour or until loaf passes the "Clean toothpick" test. Bread will rise a little, but not much.

Makes 1 small loaf. Use the small disposable / recyclable aluminum loaf pan that is about 2.5-3 inches wide by about 4-5 inches long. Although I wasn't sure if I really needed to or not, I did grease the inside of the pan with lard. One loaf = 9 small slices.

Based on the brands of the ingredients I used, here's the nutritional breakdown per slice:

serving size: 1 slice

111 Calories
8.9g total fat
0.8g saturated fat
0.4g polyunsaturated fat
2.8g monounsaturated fat
5.1g total carbs
4.1g dietary fiber
0.0g sugar
4.6g protein

Enjoy with butter, mascarpone cheese, creme fraiche, and/or your favorite low-carb fruit spread.

Replies

• motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    worth a shot!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Yes and it's super easy. I usually stay away from making bread recipes because I consider them to be too "fussy" and they generally involve way to many steps in the baking process for me...so that and the fact that I can often be impatient when in the kitchen is generally not a good combination. lol Some things I have patience for. Bread-making is not one of those thing.