Here goes... The next step.....Building a support team?

Options
Hi everyone I have all the same background as everyone else. Tried every thing under the sun to lose weight only to slow down, stop & put on even more. I have said it all.... Fit & 40, Fit & 50 and now I find myself on the way to 55 and still in the same situation. Is this the time it will REALLY work? I feel like it is as I have a "clearer headspace" & I am doing it for me this time. I started back in October and slowly 10.5 Kilos has come off. The on Sunday I showed .5 back on!!! WHAT THE????? SO I am looking for the online support and want to just have a few good friends who I can write to for support & ideas from time to time as well as offering the same back. I am sure I am a combination of Emotional eater along with just being generally confused about "EVERYTHING" I have learnt. Low fat/no sugar/no carbs/ high protein/calories....etc etc etc. Anyway enough for now and I will try to reply as often as I can to anyone who reaches out. Thank you :)

Replies

• want8me9bk
    want8me9bk Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! I feel exactly the same way! I try and try then fall off, start again, try again fall off. Ugh, Ive GOT to do this! Id love to be a motivational buddy!! Maybe together we can get through this?? Happy Valentines Day by the way!! You can do this!! :-)
  • saltymama
    saltymama Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would like some friends to go on this journey with me. You guys haven't posted since February. Are you still active?
  • want8me9bk
    want8me9bk Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I will join you! Im trying to make this a priority, as this site will be my journal. I do not have a support system at home and find this to be very helpful. Please add me if you would like to give each other help along the way!
  • danviv0305
    danviv0305 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    is anyone doing any challenges now?? i am on the same boat as all of you, and i am afraid to hit 60 and still have this extra weight on me.
  • NCGOALIEMOM
    NCGOALIEMOM Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I’m 52 on this journey. I’m down 54 pounds since sept and still have 100 to go. I’ve been using an online nutrition coach and one of the things they make us do is weigh daily. While I hated it initially, it’s been super beneficial to see the weight ebbs and flows each week. Now when the scale goes up I don’t give it a second thought. I look at my weight loss average for the month. It helps to kill the mind game that comes with a gain when you are doing everything right.