20 days and counting

Options
ADA47
ADA47 Posts: 1 Member
I gave up sugar, and everything that instantly turns IN to sugar 20 days ago. How do I feel? GREAT!!!!! I quit cold turkey and had about 3 days where I felt like I was getting the flu. I now realize that's not uncommon. Day 8 had me dreaming about gorging myself at a table filled with every sweet you can imagine!

Replies

• snookumz243
    snookumz243 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I tried this once about a month ago. I lasted from Mon - Sun and then on the following Monday, something came over me and I did GORGE. It was almost painful because the sugar was SO sweet and potent but I did it anyway. I definitely have lowered my daily sugar intake but after this Easter weekend, I want to try no sugar, no alcohol and (for me) I'm doing no cheese (because I tend to eat way too much cheese in the absence of any of the other stuff) for 30 days.

I am encouraged to know that the first 3 days generally suck for most people and that Day 8 is something I Need to be cognizant of and watch out for.

So, how long are you going to go with the NO sugar? Are you ever going to allow yourself one cheat meal or something like that?

Thanks for letting me join!
  • Elanesse100
    Elanesse100 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have been off of sugar for about a month now. My wife brings home these yogurt pretzels telling me there's no sugar in them because they're organic. I ate one and instantly tasted the sugar. I told it here there was sugar in it and she denied it...until I confirmed sugar on the ingredients list. There were no nutrition facts on the container.
  • liatris32
    liatris32 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today's day 20 of no sugar for me. I've noticed that I've been changing my eating habits in order to eliminate sugar and I'm already noticing some benefits. I haven't had heartburn, felt gorged, or experienced as many mood swings. I feel like eating good fruits, vegetables, and real meals without sugar has made me a happier person. Super-processed cupcakes and cookies no long tempt me! (though I still want that cookie dough shake haha)
  • achocolateaffair
    achocolateaffair Posts: 60 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Well I am not going to eat any sugar tomorrow. I am a little scared honestly. I'm seriously addicted. It's really the pits!