Monday July 1 committment

Options
krk5235
krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
Happy July all! Whatchya planning on doing today??? The entire east coast of North America is soggy, the middle is burning hot, and sorry to say I dont know how the west coasts nor our friends in UK are faring. But anyway enough of the weather. I say we have as awesome of a July as we did in June. Lets keep kicking butt u die hards!

I think i will go for a hike tonite, if the mud doesnt swallow my shoes.

Replies

• Ammebee
    Ammebee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    In Ireland its overcast but dry so we cant complain. Im going for a jog & a walk later!

Thanks for the motivation :flowerforyou:
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Flippin' HOT on the West Coast! First day back from vacation (got in some walking, biking and swimming while I was at the beach). Planning on going straight to the gym for some strength training and cardio after I drop off the camp carpool. Happy July 1!
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Happy July! I am starting my half marathon training this week, and the first day, which is today, I'm supposed to rest. :laugh: But since I haven't really worked out for the past few days I'm going to do at least 30 minutes of weightlifting this evening. Have a great day everyone!!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Expecting upper 70's to low 80's and sunny in my neck of the woods (Minnesota) so the weather is just perfect. I'm just off Lake Superior, which keeps things a little cooler here than even other parts of the state.

Physically I'm feeling kind of beat up right now. Last week kicked my butt and even after a couple of light days I'm still not feeling back to myself. Mentally I'm feeling kind of beat up right now too. Didn't sleep well last night so maybe I'm just overly tired and a little frustrated by not feeling better physically.

I did get out for my run this morning and I have a trainer session after work tonight. My trainer always cheers me up, and I know he'll adjust my workout to account for my various aches and pains, so that will be good.
  • Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Happy July :D hope you're all having a great day so far. Today I took a rest day but I did walk a lot and now I got blisters on my poor feet :'( however, I'm eating really sensibly even though I've not been exercising a lot through the weekend.
  • babyblackbutterfly
    Options
    Can't believe it is already July...
    I've already done my long jog and got a tutorial from my kids on MInecraft.
    Is anyone else dealing with this crazy obsession from their kids?:grumble:
    I figured, if I showed an interest, it would be one more thing to bond us together.
    They were thrilled to have my undivided attention on something so special to them.
    I've also set up their new daily summer schedule:
    thirty minutes of reading
    thirty minutes of math
    one hour of outside activity OR 20 minutes on my treadmill:happy:
    chores
    AND.... the big one.... agreeable behavior!:noway:
    If they do all of this, then they get to have their special computer time (one hour)
    They woke right up and began their work without fussing.:drinker:
    Sorry to include this in our fitness thread, but felt good about our transition to summer, so I had to share.
    Love you all!!!!!!:love:
    BBB
  • okishkash
    okishkash Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Got 4.5 miles in so far. Working on the remaining 1.5 miles till bedtime.

Plan to eat at maintenance level today.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Can't believe it is already July...
    I've already done my long jog and got a tutorial from my kids on MInecraft.
    Is anyone else dealing with this crazy obsession from their kids?:grumble:
    I figured, if I showed an interest, it would be one more thing to bond us together.
    They were thrilled to have my undivided attention on something so special to them.
    I've also set up their new daily summer schedule:
    thirty minutes of reading
    thirty minutes of math
    one hour of outside activity OR 20 minutes on my treadmill:happy:
    chores
    AND.... the big one.... agreeable behavior!:noway:
    If they do all of this, then they get to have their special computer time (one hour)
    They woke right up and began their work without fussing.:drinker:
    Sorry to include this in our fitness thread, but felt good about our transition to summer, so I had to share.
    Love you all!!!!!!:love:
    BBB

The agreeable behavior made me chuckle out loud. Love it!