4 week results - disappointed. :(

Alioops831
Alioops831 Posts: 207 Member
I've lost 2 lbs.

I measured my bust, each arm, waist, hips, each thigh and each calf. I've lost about a 1/2 inch in all of those places.

My endurance has gotten a LOT better and I noticed yesterday that I've gotten pretty darn good at air jumping jacks.

Replies

• dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    I've lost 2 lbs.

I measured my bust, each arm, waist, hips, each thigh and each calf. I've lost about a 1/2 inch in all of those places.

My endurance has gotten a LOT better and I noticed yesterday that I've gotten pretty darn good at air jumping jacks.

All I can say it stay the course. I started out great with TF, losing about 2lbs a week for the first month or so, but then a massive slow down 1lb or nothing for weeks at a time. I ended up losing 18lbs after the first 12 weeks, and 24lbs after the total 20 week program, but during that time my endurance was better, and even though I wasn't losing a lot of inches, my clothes were fitting looser. I also got an impressive set of guns. All those punching moves does a body good. You're on MFP, so hopefully you're tracking your calories and eating at least 1,200 cals a day. I did notice after my first plateau, increasing my calories from 1200 to 1400 did cause me to start losing again, before it stop again, but I stuck with it.
  • Alioops831
    I usually eat 1400-1800 calories a day. I started out at the higher end of calories and then cut back when I wasn't seeing any results.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    I was afraid you were going to say that. It would have been easier if you weren't eating enough, but you eat as much as I do. I didn't like the Tone and Scupt workouts so I replaced those with strength training workouts I found on Fitness Blender, other than that, I'm sticking to my original advice...stay the course, you may not see the changes where you expect them, but they are there in other ways, you just have to be patient.
  • I'm a mom of 5 but I have seen great results and I am on week 8. So you are doing great just keep going! I have lost 6lbs so far not really looking to lose any more weight. I know I have lost inches too but waiting until the end how many inches total I lost. I am looking to buy Chalean extreme so when I finish TF in 4 weeks I can start a hybrid. I normally eat 1300-1400 calories.

Oh I also add weights to tone/sculpt/core workouts instead of bands.
  • Alioops831
    I don't like the Tone and Sculpt ones either with Turbo Fire. I'm replacing them with Push circuits in ChaLean Extreme. Maybe this month will be different since it's all Fire and strength training.
  • LaChinaDoll
    LaChinaDoll Posts: 168 Member
    Im sticking with it mainly because I love the workout and set out to finish. I haven't seen impressive result aside from the fact that I had to give my body a complete shock to lose any weight despite busting my butt doing Turbo. I lost 1 LB the first month as well and 1 inch TOTAL but gained 1/2 inch on each thigh lol Month 2 was a little better but still not impressive form what I have seen this is not uncommon. Month three is supposed to be good so we will see. I started at 168lbs maybe I need to be heavier to see bigger results? I dont know what gives either.
  • preshusgem
    preshusgem Posts: 204 Member
    I know it's different for everybody, but my scale started to move in the right direction during weeks 5 - 8. Keep at it Try not to focus on that "number on the scale". I know it's hard but the inches lost are more impt than the pounds lost. Good luck!
  • Alioops831
    I know it's different for everybody, but my scale started to move in the right direction during weeks 5 - 8. Keep at it Try not to focus on that "number on the scale". I know it's hard but the inches lost are more impt than the pounds lost. Good luck!

You're right! I'm in the middle of week 5 and I've lost 3 more lbs already!
  • giggalz
    giggalz Posts: 54 Member
    felt the same disappointment in week four..i had gained..i'm on week 15...i havent lost anything..i've bought a hrm..then a month ago bought a fitbit...so i'm following everything...still nothing..i've taken progress photos...i showed them to my friend..i look the same...the only thing i can tell you..that i keep telling myself and others tell me..is

keep pushing play
  • LaChinaDoll
    LaChinaDoll Posts: 168 Member
    I'm on week 12 I know there is a difference but I was expecting more I guess? Giggalz honestly after this week I'm seeking something else as my main program yes I love TF but if you're not seeing the results you want move on to something else that will create changes.