Introduce yourself.

Options

Replies

• JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have 40 pounds to lose, currently healing through health issues as I work my way through weight loss right now too. I think this challenge will help me keep on point to lose 2.5 pounds/week, so a total of 25 pounds during the duration of this 10 week challenge.
  • racheltilsen910
    racheltilsen910 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Rachel, I am 19 and am currently a college student looking to improve myself before the summer. A am 5'8" and 165 lbs. I am looking to lose about 10-15 lbs through this challenge. I am very excited to get started and and to be a part of this group!
  • russellmarcia0721
    Options
    Hi my name is Marcia
    I'm trying to lose weight for medical reasons. I could really use the group support.
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    jaydavis50 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm Jay, In 53 and just had my physical. Dr got on me for blood pressure being high. Wants me to get down to 210 lbs from 240 lbs. Off to a good start, lost 5 lbs the last two weeks.

I was in your shoes last August . If you did not read my profile I am a Trauma intensive care nurse but my weight over the last couple of years creeped to 260 and my blood pressure was very high. I was barely able to function at my job running to codes and traumas that came into my er. My doctor wanted me on cholesterol meds, blood pressure meds but being stubborn and thinking I could do this myself I refused. A doc friend recommended whole 30/ paleo which truthfully saved me. Of course I slowly started exercising and started these groups and am happy to say ive lost 56 lbs and am running 5 miles. Bp is normal and cholesterol dropped to excellent so it can be done.
  • Littlemissweber
    Littlemissweber Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello :) , I'm Miriam, 20 year old student in London. Not new to myfitnesspal but new to joining groups and challenges. I don't have much to lose but I've taken my sweet damn time to get started so I hope this will keep me on track :)
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am Andrea and I have been on MFP for 4+ years now! Frist to lose, then to maintain and now I am looking to push through the last 20ish lbs. My starting weight was 185, CW 148 and my GW is 130. After a couple years of maintenance I forgot how challenging the push to lose weight can be sometimes.

This challenge will be the fire under my butt to get me through this! I turn 30 in May and I would love to hit my goal weight by then! I would like to start the new decade of my life with weight-loss behind me so I can focus my attention on the rest of my life goals! I am so looking forward to getting back into weight-maintenance... trust me people its a beautiful place <3
  • ahawkins494
    ahawkins494 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey all! My name is Alex and i'm 23. I have 80lbs to lose and I have been on MFP since January and have lost 10lbs so far. I have found my motivation lacking some and think a challenge like this will help tremendously! Both of my parents are overweight and I want to help motivate them along the way.
  • ashorey87
    ashorey87 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Ann
    28 y/o with 65 lbs to lose (give or take) in total.

Have yet to participate in a challenge, but I'm looking forward to this!
  • brittanycunningham15
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Brittany.... I'm a 29 year old wife and mother to two boys age 11 and 8 and now two stepdaughters age 14 and 13.. My family is my life.. I am a pediatric nurse and absolutely love my job, but I am so out of shape weighing more now than when i was 9 months preggo.. I am new to my fitness pal and thought I would give it a try, so bear with me bc I have no idea how any of this challenge stuff works. My goal weight is 175 so i have 61lbs to go. I know we can all do this!!

Add me!!

<3 Brittany
  • AdventureGirlCD
    AdventureGirlCD Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all, really looking forward to this. I'm 53 and over the past 18 months had a few health issues and gained about 30 pounds. I've lost a little over 10 of it - health issues corrected and am ready to get back to fit and fabulous! Going to Hawaii end of April and running a 1/2 marathon in October so looking for some competition and motivation! I also love to cook and am a fairly clean eater - so would love to share GF, refined sugar free, recipes to experiment with. Good luck everyone!
  • sliminby60
    sliminby60 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi name is Pamela i'm 59 weigh 253 want to be slim by age 60 January 22 of next year need to get off my easy chair so trying this challange a little scared of what to expect almost did not join but just did it.
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,843 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Slimin60 so glad you joined! Sometimes when I don't want to do something, I just have to have 5 seconds of bravery to tell others about it and then I've forced myself to do it. Good luck!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lisa. My username stands for my goal of becoming a "Healthy And Sexy Wife" and then my initials. I am 49 years old and working on losing the last 7 pounds to reach my goal by my 50th birthday in 8 weeks. I also want to run a fun 5k on April 1st, so I will be "training" for that. I work very part time at my husband's business helping out in the office and we have two sons, 22 and 20, both away at school. I am currently in the Winter Blast Challenge and looking forward to continuing this journey well into the spring. Nice to "meet" all of you.
  • vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Howdy to all. I am 35 year old SAHM to seven kids. I am determined to be healthy and be in shape and not "you look great for having seven kids". I started MFP last April and were able to lose 30 lbs but then winter came and I packed on 10 lbs. I am at 165 and during this challenge I just want to see the scale go down and stay down. Good luck to all!
  • blueraffi
    blueraffi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge
  • LastChanceRobin
    LastChanceRobin Posts: 27 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi!

I am Robin. And I am a mess!!! A year ago I was in the best shape of my life. I started my own business and my health took a backseat. I have gained 40lbs since last year- I weigh more than I did weeks after having my second child.

I know what I need to do, I just need to effing do it. I hate this me. This ISNT me. I am 5'9, 215 and would ideally like to be 165.

I have signed up for a 10k in May, another in July and a 23k trail race in September. I did a 5k yesterday- 2 minutes slower than last years pace. I need to kick my butt. I am hoping this challenge will help.
  • visionmet
    visionmet Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Kaci. I will be 25 in March and would like to get back to a weight where I feel good about myself again. I am 5'3 and weigh 180lbs(GW 124lbs) looking to lose 15-20lbs through this challenge and be held accountable on my fitness goals!
  • cher2178
    cher2178 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Cheryl and I had great success using my fitness pal a few years back. Unfortunately, I found some of the weight I lost and need to get back on top of it! I'm hoping to lose 15lbs within the 10 weeks of this challenge and get back to enjoying exercise and being proud of myself for accomplishing a healthy goal.
  • buttercupwishes
    buttercupwishes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tracy 39 year old mom ready to be FIT by 40 in May.
  • Saraness
    Saraness Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sara and I'm 21 (but will be 22 on March 20th). My goal for this challenge is to be 125lbs by May 10th. The hardest part about my journey will be that I am going on a cruise on March 10th. In the past I find it hard to count calories for so long- I have a habit of drifting off and maintaining for a few months at a time but this time I'm so close to my goal ( halfway there!) I want to reach it. My ultimate goal is that by October I'm at 107-115, working on abs and becoming the fittest version of me EVER!