Where is Everyone?

Options
QuilterInVA
QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
I'm doing a Whole30 for Lent. This is my third Whole30. I feel so much better.

Replies

• melissa44
    melissa44 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello Quilter and good going! I just completed 30 days and lost 15 pounds and feel much better :)
  • TinaGA2015
    TinaGA2015 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm new to Whole30 but read the book. I'm struggling right now with losing. Any advice?
  • MrsMekaShae
    MrsMekaShae Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats Quilter and Melissa on completing! Hi everyone, I am also new to Whole30 and am on Day 5 about to enter the weekend. Watching the youtube videos of people that have completed it to get my mind right for the weekend. I also am on Chapter 5 of the book "It Starts with Food". I welcome your feedback. :)
  • melissa44
    melissa44 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome ladies :)
    I really enjoyed listening to the book while I was driving, very scientific which was excellent for me with a medical background, it just helped to reconfirm why I am preferring this type of healthy eating.

Youtube videos huh, I had not thought to look at those but you now have spiked my interest :)

I remember day 3 and 4 were hard for me because I just did not feel good, I had a bad headache which I attribute to the stopping of the 1 pot of coffee and tons of creamer lol, it surely gets better as the days go on
  • atrosper
    atrosper Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    HI all, just joined the group, and I am starting the whole30 on March 1. I would have started it sooner, but I knew that February would have way to many events that would make me cheat (like my birthday). I have also talked to a few other people about it, more in passing then anything else, and they decided to do it with me. I will have to look into getting the book before I start. I've been to the website, and printed some stuff out, but it will definitely help having the book.
  • SongbirdHeather
    SongbirdHeather Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started my Whole30 today :)
  • MrsMekaShae
    MrsMekaShae Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started my Whole30 today :)

Good for you. Happy #Whole30 Day 1!
  • MsChris228
    MsChris228 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I started my first whole30 on March 1 so I am just finishing my 3rd day. I have read about 100 pgs of the updated It Starts With Food and I have skipped around The Whole30 book as well. For anyone who is thinking about buying the books but isn't sure which one to get, I can tell you that the difference I have noticed is that It Starts With Food is more of the science behind the theories (aka the WHY) and The Whole30 seems to have more practical application information (aka the HOW.) Both are easy to read and I'm totally a WHY person, so I've enjoyed learning about that. Anyway, day 3 is in the bag and I'm not too worried about day 4. Days 5 and 6 are the weekend but I'm committed to kicking a pretty intense sugar addiction, so I think I will be OK. So far so good!
  • archie313
    archie313 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Two weeks ago I eliminated alcohol (waaaah!), grains, sugar, fruit, legumes and dairy. My initial goal was to starve out Candida, I've been on oodles of antibiotics and Prednisone over the years to combat sinus infections. But in these two weeks I've lost 9 pounds and can see that when I'm done with this...in another two weeks?...I'll eat Paleo. I feel sooo much better! My knees don't hurt anymore. A weird rash I've had on my chest for YEARS is gone. A hideous toe fungus (TMI?...sorry) is waning. I'm never hungry and now that my withdrawal is over, I have loads more energy. I read Wheat Belly during my withdrawal (mind-blowing headache). I shunned the book for years, the concept of banning entire food groups made me suspicious, but now I'm a believer!
  • prispunch
    prispunch Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    archie313 wrote: »
    But in these two weeks I've lost 9 pounds and can see that when I'm done with this...in another two weeks?...I'll eat Paleo. I feel sooo much better!

I agree with you on feeling great. I will probably do the reintroduction phase just to see what bothers me, and then switch to a paleo lifestyle. I've grown accustomed to the cooking/prepping, and I'm not really craving garbage food (besides the occasional pizza).

I too am a believer.
  • geekgrrl0
    geekgrrl0 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I haven't done a Whole 30 in over a year, but I have done the Whole Life Challenge as recently as last summer on the Performance nutrition level (it was the 4th time doing it). I've gained a lot more weight than normal over the winter and it was a good kick-in-the-pants to take my health seriously again. Joining this group has given me the motivation to do another Whole 30 (I'm sure my wife will not be too happy...she did NOT enjoy her first and only time doing it! But maybe I can convince her that I can do it on my own). Thanks for the motivation...Is anyone going to be starting one in the next week or two that wants to "group" up for support/motivation? Let me know :smiley:

I'm not only looking to lose quick weight via Whole30, but more to reset my carb cravings and start eating a more clean/pure Paleo. I have at least 75lbs to lose and want to do it right!
  • kpruett1
    kpruett1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm reading "It Starts With Food" now and have been researching the Whole30 program online, gathering info, recipes, etc. Got a whole Pinterest board dedicated to it! Planning to pick the Whole30 book next to get the actual 'how to' next. I, like others here, need the why first before I can move on to how. I have also been so skeptical of total elimination approaches to eating. So, I'm planning to start in about a month or so. Need to get through some conference travel first - too hard to stay on a good eating plan when there is constant food in front of you ;)

My goal with it is not to lose weight. I'm really comfortable where I am right now. I lost the weight I wanted to several years ago and have been good at keeping it off. My goal, like @archie313, is to kill off Candida and rid myself of toxins and cravings. I'm tired of being a slave to needing dessert after every meal! I don't want to lose weight on this so if there are any tips on how to get through it and maintain your weight, I'd love to hear them. Plus, I'm just really nervous about giving up all the stuff I love and being able to stick to this even though I know I will feel better when it's all over. Any helpful tips and encouragement are welcomed!