1st Day of July

Options
DaniKaren
DaniKaren Posts: 79 Member
Hello!

My fist day of waking up earlier was unsuccessful. My fiancee got a call from work at 1:30, and it threw us off. I'll try again tomorrow.

I was thinking for this week we could do a distance challenge. I walk my dog three times a day, I use my elliptical most days, and when I'm feeling frisky, I'll jog a little bit. I'll bet without even thinking about it, I put in about ten miles a week. This week, I'd like to challenge myself to go twenty miles. I'll achieve this by lengthening my walks Alonso and using my elliptical at least five times this week. I know that some of you bike. Use those miles! If you swim, use those too!

I've downloaded an app on my phone to keep track of my distance while I walk Puppers, and my elliptical keeps track of it's distance for me.

What's your distance goal this week?

In addition to tracking my distance today, I will stay under my calorie goal and spend some time playing my new (to me) Wii Fit.

Happy Monday, everyone!

Love and hugs,

Dani

Replies

• DaniKaren
    DaniKaren Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    *walks with Alonso
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!

Love the mileage challenges they are right up my alley :)

My goal this week will be 80 miles biked. Already have 9 in for today, so even with the holiday I can push myself to get to 80!

Have a great day!!

Jen
  • myaebeling
    myaebeling Posts: 11
    Options
    Like the idea of the challenge to walk miles. I strive to walk 5 miles per day so with some extra push I will achieve 35 miles this week. Thank you Dani for your willingness to lead us through the challenge in July.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Great challenge Dani! Also, I wanted to let you know (because I didn't get to your post in time yesterday) that I have a fitbit flex and I LOVE it. Seriously it motivates me so much, though I'm super competitive with myself so I know some people dont find much use for it. If you are like me and cant stand being called out for not reaching my goal everyday then Id highly recommend it.
  • JurneyEve
    JurneyEve Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like the challenge, Dani. Setting a mileage goal for myself will be difficult because I don't plan my exercises. I just go with whatever strikes my fancy at the moment. When I get on my treadmill I go about 3 miles but when I get on my bike I go anywhere from 8-16 miles. Lately I've been favoring my bike...cuz I like to watch Netflix while I ride. But if I had to guess I'd say I use my treadmill twice a week and my bike twice a week for an average total of 26 miles a week. So I'll challenge myself to go 40 miles this week.

Good luck everyone with your weekly challenge.

♥ Diana