Red Hots CHAT (2/15-2/21) - Wk #7

Options
Week #7 - We're so close to the finale. share about your thoughts regarding the show. What did you like, didn't like, learned, who did you relate to etc.

Commercial Challenge: Every other commercial, run around doing chores around the house. Every other commercial, perform lunges throughout the house or wall lunges if needed.

Replies

• dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Great show as always. It was all about reflection. It's so rewarding to see that all that hard work paid off. Racing with their starting weight and ditching it along the way is amazing. Seeing how many weights that were loss collectively and Roberto not having to take all that blood pressure meds. Emotions were on high. Kudos to each and every contestants, even the ones that went home. They pulled a fast one...to be continued. Finale next week.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to watching the show today!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Erin had a one pound disadvantage to give out. I couldn't help but think that sometimes our choices may put others at a disadvantage to succeed with their weight loss journey? I know my husband and I have tried to be considerate of each other and not do things that would sabotage each other. (...and no, he didn't give me chocolates for Valentine's Day. He gave me earrings. They don't have calories!)

I thought that it was good that they talked about the need to deal with the things that have gotten us to the place where we were over-weight. It’s important to deal with things to change where we are and where we’re going. The guilt, emotions, obstacles, the things that scare us need to be address to truly move to a new place. It was touching to see Roberto talk about the guilt that he felt for not being able to play with his sons. He felt like he had been a bad dad and he is so excited to be able go home and play with his sons now. It was also nice to see how everyone is off the meds that the needed when they started, especially Roberto.

It was neat to see the review portion where we got to see how far each person has come. I very much enjoyed this episode of The Biggest Loser.
  • JasmijnRF
    JasmijnRF Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    What a sore loser Roberto was when he got the one pound advantage. Erin had to give it to someone, don't be such a baby. Sad to see Erin had to leave but good to see she was ready for it and she was proud of herself. She really should be. She was my fav this season.
  • kyoung1908
    kyoung1908 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to the team. I'm coming from the Cake Walk group. I could relate to this season because there is always temptation everywhere. There is something that is always tempting you. You just have to make the best decision for you. I know there is some days when I will choose that dessert or choose to do something else besides working out. You just have to find that balance. I loved the work out where they put on all the weight they loss over the season and was able to take it off at different check points. I'm sure that was very liberating. I didn't really have a favorite competitor this season. I do like the guy whose father committed suicide. I can't think of his name right now but he is so humble in my opinion. I wouldn't mind seeing him win.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    @kyoung1908 - His name is Colby and I love Colby too. I also agree that the race where they were carrying the weight they had lost was great. In January I walked up a small mountain that I never could get up before. I was surprised until later I was holding our 24 pound cat and complaining about how heavy he was. It was then that I realized that it was so much easier to get up the hill because I was carrying almost 30 pounds less with me! It's so freeing! (...and welcome to the group kyoung1908!)
  • dillyg08
    Options
    Welcome kyoung2908! I know we were in a group together a while back. How are you?

Yeah, I like Colby too. His accent got me hanging on his every word.
  • kyoung1908
    kyoung1908 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    @JMarcella57 congrats to you on getting up that hill!! I have a cat as well. @dillyg08 yep we sure were in a group together!! I am doing fine. I recently had a baby the end of December so I'm still trying to get adjusted. How are you?
  • dillyg08
    Options
    kyoung1908 wrote: »
    @JMarcella57 congrats to you on getting up that hill!! I have a cat as well. @dillyg08 yep we sure were in a group together!! I am doing fine. I recently had a baby the end of December so I'm still trying to get adjusted. How are you?

Congrats momma!! So happy for you. Enjoy your baby...the rest will fall in place.

I'm doing well. Still trying to get my weight under control. Small steps.