Quick Coconut and Chia Seed Pudding

Options
bametels
bametels Posts: 950 Member
This looks delicious. I would eat it for dessert or breakfast.

The carbs per serving are higher than I would typically allot for a dessert or a meal. However, by cutting the amount of coconut and raspberries in half, the amount of carbs would be reasonable for many LCHF MFP members. I'm sure it would still be delicious.

Think I would shave a little bit of dark chocolate on top...yum!!

Can't wait to try it!

http://thehealthyfoodie.com/quick-coconut-chia-seed-pudding/

Replies

• motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I make mine with almond milk, and flavored extracts or oils.
  • bametels
    Options
    I like almond milk. It would be a great way to cut calories. But I really like coconut, so I was thinking about using light coconut milk. Need to check out what the carb impact would be.
  • motown13
    Options
    But with lite coconut milk you are paying for water in the can. Get full fat and use water. ☺
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I have never look at chia seeds what does the macros in it run?
  • bametels
    Options
    motown13 wrote: »
    But with lite coconut milk you are paying for water in the can. Get full fat and use water. ☺

So smart!!!
  • bametels
    Options
    I have never look at chia seeds what does the macros in it run?

The brand I have, Nutriva, has 60 calories, 3 grams of fat, 5 grams of carbs and 5 grams of fiber (so 0 net carbs if count net carbs), 3 grams of protein, and 0 grams of sugar per Tablespoon. It provides 10% of the RDA for Magnesium and 60 mg of Potassium. I would assume that other brands are the same or close to this.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will look for it! Why does it taste like?
  • bametels
    Options
    It's pretty tasteless by itself - it absorbs the flavors from the ingredients you add!!
  • motown13
    Options
    And it is pretty filling.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting something different from the very basic coconut-chia pudding recipe I've been using. This looks great! Thanks for posting!
  • jtkatch
    jtkatch Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    For a small dessert I use COCONUT CREAM!! Yum!!! About 2 Tbsp plus .5 T chia seeds and chocolate liquid stevia or maple flavoring...mix and let sit in the fridge...sprinkle a few cacao nibs!! OMG! Consistency is like cheese cake! Plus you getting great fats and low carb!