Calories

I have my nutrition plan on FitBit setup for a deficit of 250. But when I add everything up it doesn't seem to work out. How is the calories calculated for what you are to consume a day on FitBit app?

For example the gauge says I'm under budget but the amount left for the day under it says I'm over. I don't get it

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Don't use the "over/under" budget gauge. It's totally confusing. I took it off my dashboard ages ago. I sort of keep an eye on my "Calories remaining" on my Fitbit dashboard, but rely on MFP to plan, because their method is easier to use. I only rely on what Fitbit says when there is a syncing problem between MFP and Fitbit.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    Don't use the "over/under" budget gauge. It's totally confusing. I took it off my dashboard ages ago. I sort of keep an eye on my "Calories remaining" on my Fitbit dashboard, but rely on MFP to plan, because their method is easier to use. I only rely on what Fitbit says when there is a syncing problem between MFP and Fitbit.

FitBit shows the same calorie amount consumed but the app shows how many cals left and is different then the website. Website will show I have enough left over but the app says I'm over. So now I have to check the site more so than the app.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    That isn't something I've experienced, so I'm not sure of the solution.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Is the syncing not working well for you to be skipping what MFP says you have left to eat?

If you prefer Fitbit's method of doing it, be aware that the daily burn your eating goal is based on is estimated 2 different ways - instead of activity levels like MFP uses to estimate the daily burn - it's either Sedentary or Personalized.

Sedentary is barely above BMR, so the eating goal starts really low and builds through the day.

Personalized is historical average, and if your days are average about the same, then it'll start out with better estimate and adjust minor as the day goes on.

For the App and web account to be off all the time - some is expected because the account does the math and sends the results to the app for display - so there is another server in there getting the info to the app.
    But usually should be correct within 5 minutes of making change one end or the other.

When you see the difference - does the food all match up and the daily burn at that point?