October 2016?

Replies

• Hey! I just found this thread. I'm due October 12th. :smile: I've been queasy all day then okay at night—and have totally overeaten junky food then and have actually GAINED weight due to my morning sickness! Haha okay due to my lack of self control. But I just joined MFP today to try to get back on a healthy track and would love any of you October moms to add me.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Nurse visit yesterday, due date was changed to 10/23. I don't know how their calendar is different than mine, but ok! I have my first appointment with my ob 3/30 (10w3d) and they will do an ultrasound at that time.
  • My due date was changed too—my doc does an appt with ultrasound at 6 weeks but we didn't see a baby (WHICH SCARED ME!!!) and he had me come back in 2 weeks to see if I just wasn't as far along as my last period would show. Sure enough our little baby showed up at the follow up and my due date got moved from September 29th to October 12th. Kind of a bummer to "lose" those weeks because in my head I was further along, but mostly just glad my little guy was okay.

• kristisanchez11
    kristisanchez11 Posts: 30 Member
    Welcome!!!

I had to push back my first appt until next Mon (I'll be almost 10 weeks at that point). They said they would do the first ultrasound at that time and then I'll meet with the Dr. Wonder if they'll change by EDD too?

I've been a little worried lately... We changed our insurance last year and afterwards I never went through the process of finding a new OBGYN. So, since I found out that child #2 would be on the way I started researching Drs in the area. I discovered the closest hospital doesn't have a NICU, so I'm kind of leaning towards trying to find a good Dr. that is affiliated with hospitals about 45-min away, but do have a NICU (just in case there's an issue). Anyway... long story short, I'm feeling a little stress right now trying to find the right Dr. Hope my appt goes well on Monday and I feel comfortable, so I don't have to keep searching!

Also, although the hospital choice might not seem that big... I've found that I really need to find a hospital that supports natural birth. Sounds weird, but I like the feeling of knowing I am in the hospital if there are issues, but I have a phobia to hospitals/needles and don't want medical intervention unless really needed.

Sorry about the venting! I know I'm probably WAY overthinking choices that won't affect me for another 7 months, but I know I'll feel better once I'm comfortable with a good plan.

All the best to all you other ladies over these next few weeks! Nearing the end of 1st TRI!!!! :)

-Kristi (9w1day)
  • ashliedelgado
    I've seen the same doc all three of my pregnancies. Every time, I plug my lmp into a few different calculators on the internet and get the same day. Every time, she gives me 2 days earlier. Not that it matters, my 10 year old was early and my 8 year old was late!
  • kristisanchez11
    Update:

10/6 - Ameech
    10/7 - Lourdes
    10/9 - Charlie
    10/12 - Kristi
    10/12 - Jvezz
    10/12 - Pretty
    10/18 - Siobhan
    10/22 - Calla
    10/23 - Ashlie
    10/24 - Betty
    10/26 - Jasmine
  • kristisanchez11
    How's it going?

Because of the nausea and exhaustion, I haven't been able to do any significant work outs. However, I've been trying to take some longer walks with the dog and have been able to fit in some yoga sessions about every other day. Yoga still feels great - wondering when I'm supposed to stop doing postures where I'm laying on my back or my stomach?

My first prenatal appt is tomorrow. Hoping all goes well and that LO is healthy. It will be the first sonogram and I hope they'll also be able to hear the heartbeat. New doctor's office, so I'm hopeful it will be a good fit. I'll probably make a list of questions I have tonight so I'm ready to talk with the Dr.

Except for a few close friends and my boss, we haven't really told anyone the news yet. After the appt tomorrow, we will probably call our families to share the good news and then slowly start telling other friends, etc. Any cute announcement ideas out there?!?!?!?

Have a great and healthy week, ladies!

-Kristi (9w5days)

• bettymags83
    bettymags83 Posts: 23 Member
    Well its been a bit of rollercoaster week, nausea and tiredness hit me full force, lots of nana naps and little to no exercise.

I started spotting on Tuesday and doctor said it was a threatened miscarriage but had to wait until Thursday for an early scan. Good news is baby is perfectly healthy with a regular heartbeat but advised not to exercise until the bleeding stopped.

First midwife appointment on Thursday so fingers crossed I can get back to some light jogging by the weekend.

Has anyone given any thought to a home birth?

Hayley (7+6).
  • jinnimarie
    jinnimarie Posts: 1 Member
    I am due 10/18! Due to having no energy I feel like a sloth and not getting any exercise in lately. Hoping the 2nd trimester is better.
  • ashliedelgado
    I have read that you should stop doing things where you lay on your back in the 2nd trimester. I do T25, and have modified out all the floor work like that. I keep meaning to start yoga, but have yet to do so. As far as the energy, I work out first thing in the morning. It helps.
  • Ooh I love T25! I finished that up right before testing positive with this baby. I bet it's awesome to do pregnant as long as you stick with Tania as needed. Good for you for staying fit!
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    I'm due 10/5! Since finding out I was pregnant, I've only worked out a handful of times. But last night I went back to the gym, hoping to start out this week right. Ended up doing 20 minutes on the elliptical and 40 minutes of walking. My dr. said to not get my heart rate above 140, it's hard to focus on that.
  • ashliedelgado
    I've read a lot that the 140 recommendation is antiquated and the current recommendation is that its ok to do what you were doing before you got pregnant, just listen to your body, and if you weren't active to start slow. My HR hits 140 climbing one flight of stairs to my bedroom these days, I swear.
  • kristisanchez11
    Same here. In fact the Dr basically told me the whole HR 140 guidance is "hogwash". She said to keep exercising and doing whatever feels good/comfortable. Her main point was just to use common sense.
  • ashliedelgado
    Not that we are by any means trying to give you different medical guidance :) Maybe do some reading, see what you find out. I think that the 140 recommendation started as a means of making sure pregnant women didn't over do it.

On another note, yesterday I realized that its taking me like 4 hours to drink one cup of coffee in the morning... I think baby doesn't like it :(. So today is my first day sans americano. I figure if I start dragging I can grab a cup from the office.
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    edited March 2016
    Late to the party, but I hope I can still join in :smiley: . My EDD is October 7th. This is our first...and it's definitely a new experience. :smiley: As far as fitness, I've had ridiculous fatigue for the 1st trimester. I'm still getting in my 10k steps of walking/day most days, but haven't had much gym energy...I'm hoping I get an energy boost, soon. I miss strength training & lap swimming. I was a 2-hour 5x's a week gym-rat prior to this pregnancy...lol.

As a brief history: We had "not actively tried but not preventing" (i.e. no BC, but I wasn't closely tracking cycles, temperatures, ovulation dates/strips, etc) for 5 years, hoping for an organic "Surprise, we're pregnant!" moment that never happened. I ended up being diagnosed with PCOS last summer, underwent a lifestyle change (LCHF diet, paired with lifting & moderate exercise, + Metformin & supplements), and lost nearly 60 pounds in 6 months. Those 6 months we were also closely monitoring cycles. My doctor was getting ready to start me on Clomid or Femara this April, but a +HPT in January changed that plan :smiley:. I'm still overweight, so my doctor & I have actually set a "no gain" goal for this pregnancy, although she said she 10-15 is allowed.
  • Bump the 140 thing--my dr said there's no harm in staying under 140 if that makes you feel better but previously fit women can just keep doing what they do regardless of that 140 (unless it's a contact sport or something inherently dangerous, of course).

I think it's very rare for any working out to actually be detrimental to your little one. Still, I avoid jumping and drop from jogging to walking for my own peace of mind when pregnant... I think how you feel physically and emotionally about your workouts is the best measuring stick.
  • ashliedelgado
    Of course you can join! We're happy to have you :)
  • Ncm2011
    Ncm2011 Posts: 4 Member
    The 140 used to confuse me at first. I understand you don't have to be above 140 for a long time. When I hit 140, am restless. That's is my clue to reduce and drop it to a rate where I can converse. If you have been active before its not easy to hit it because your body is used to activity. I am 12wks and doing 1min run / 1min walk for 30 minutes. I am only hitting 130 in the last 5 minutes. The trick is to listen to your body, there are days when I can only walk. I am due end of September, sorry for intruding I am following October and August because the experiences are similar.
  • bettymags83
    bettymags83 Posts: 23 Member
    had my midwife appointment today and she said it was safe to continue existing exercise routine as long as it didn’t involve pulling on the stomach muscles as all the muscles, ligaments and joints are a lot more relaxed and more likely to injure ourselves and to stop immediately if there was any bleeding or spotting until the all clear. She did place a lot of focus on things such a swimming, walking and gentle jogging and if working out at the gym let the staff know you're pregnant.

I 100% agree with listening to your body and as long as you can talk, there is not contact sport or risk of falling then you’re good to keep going.