Amazing Race. Join here

Options
Melodieccurn
Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
1. Each week we’ll “travel” to a new destination. The travel time will be the amount of exercise each team must complete in order to get maximum pts.
2. If a team “reaches” their destination, they’ll get 10pts. If they reach 80% of their destination they’ll get 8pts. So if the travel time is 15hrs and the team exercises 15hrs, they’ll get 10pts plus an additional 5pts bonus. If they only exercise 12hrs they’ll get 8pts. Percentages will be rounded down to the nearest tenth.
2. No team member may do more than 50% of the weekly exercise, and each team member must do at least 10% of the weekly exercise.
3. Each week there will be a bonus. The bonuses will consist of Detours or Roadblocks. Detours are tasks that all team members must complete in order to get the bonus pts. Team members will have 2 options to choose from, and the team doesn’t have to choose the same option. Teams will receive 10pts if each member completes 1 option. Roadblocks are only done by one team member. The team will decide which member will do the Roadblock. There will be 4 detours and 4 roadblocks. Only 1 team member may perform 2 roadblocks, the other 2 members can only do one roadblock. The team will receive 10pts for completing a roadblock. Roadblocks and Detours will have something to do with that week's destination.
be given an additional 10 pts.
5. I decided there will be no elimination. I want to encourage everyone and face it we all have bad weeks. You might not have a good couple weeks and come out on top in the end. So good luck.
6. Each week will start on monday and end on sunday. All teams must update their weekly progress and weigh in by midnight EST each sunday by 11pm If a team fails to do so, they will not receive any pts for that week.
7. Teams will consist of 5 or more up to members and I will form your teams. If you have a request to be on a team with a member let me know and i will match you up together. If you would like to be on a team but do not have 2 other mates, I can match you up with others if you PM me. There is no maximum amount of teams that may enter, and the number of teams eliminated each week will depend on the number of teams who enter. There will be no individual phase.
8. This 8-week exercise/accountability Amazing Race challenge starts March 7 and ends May 2.
I will have a spreadsheet for you to keep track of your time and scores.

Are you interested? Sign up below.

Replies

• CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I am interested please count me in
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good way to stay active with the group. Count me in!
  • lupie777
    lupie777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Oh I am in girl!!! Round 2 here I come!
  • valtheran0
    valtheran0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun, I would like to join but im sort of confused as to how the whole thing will work.
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I'm loving the Winter Blast challenge amazing race!
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    valtheran0 wrote: »
    Sounds fun, I would like to join but im sort of confused as to how the whole thing will work.

Ken you are placed in a team with 5 or more members depending on how many are in the challenge. We start in Miami for example and are traveling to Russia. The miles from Miami to Russia is 1200 miles. Your team must get in 1200 minutes that week of exercise. I put up two detours or roadblocks that is a fitness challenge of some sort ( could be a dance, when we did Russia we chose between a kettle bell challenge or doing the kossack dance). They are optional but for extra points you must choose one. There are sometimes extra credit points either with a nutritional or accountabilty exercises as well. I give points for everyone who does the roadblocks or challenges and the most points wins. We also weigh in on our spreadsheet and your percentages are added up and whatever team is the biggest loser gets an additional 10 points that week. We have a lot of fun while learning accountabilty to yourself and reaching your goals and giving you support .
  • valtheran0
    valtheran0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    mallowbar wrote: »
    valtheran0 wrote: »

Ken you are placed in a team with 5 or more members depending on how many are in the challenge. We start in Miami for example and are traveling to Russia. The miles from Miami to Russia is 1200 miles. Your team must get in 1200 minutes that week of exercise. I put up two detours or roadblocks that is a fitness challenge of some sort ( could be a dance, when we did Russia we chose between a kettle bell challenge or doing the kossack dance). They are optional but for extra points you must choose one. There are sometimes extra credit points either with a nutritional or accountabilty exercises as well. I give points for everyone who does the roadblocks or challenges and the most points wins. We also weigh in on our spreadsheet and your percentages are added up and whatever team is the biggest loser gets an additional 10 points that week. We have a lot of fun while learning accountabilty to yourself and reaching your goals and giving you support .

Ok makes sense now. Thank you and count me in.
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Please count me in :)
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,282 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Chris
  • cindalu1212
    cindalu1212 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun. I'm in. Can't wait.
  • theetycho
    theetycho Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Definitely in! I don't want the Winter Blast to end so this is perfect
  • twitch82
    twitch82 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Sounds like a blast. Can't wait.
  • memere101
    memere101 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    theetycho wrote: »

But I am more than ready for winter to be over :wink:
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,282 Member
    Options
    memere101 wrote: »

But I am more than ready for winter to be over :wink:

^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^
    I miss summer so much!! ...says the California Girl B)

Chris
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Please add me in.
  • vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Please add me
  • MiraVertega
    MiraVertega Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely interested, please add me!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I would like to join
  • tfisher678
    tfisher678 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Please add me; sounds like a very fun challenge!
  • Melodieccurn
    Options

So glad you enjoyed the winter challenge. We had an awesome time, so it doesn't have to end.
This discussion has been closed.