Meal names, MFP to FitBit

Options
d_thomas02
d_thomas02 Posts: 9,048 Member
Not a huge deal, but bothers my touch of OCD.

Noticed that the default meal names in MFP did not correspond exactly to the names in FitBit, so all three snacks were dumped into 'Anytime' in FitBit.

I changed MFP's meal names to match FitBit's names. Now Morning and Afternoon Snacks import correctly into FitBit, yet After Dinner snacks still import into 'Anytime'.

uluw5sjrbker.jpg

Any ideas?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    My snacks no matter the name got dumped in to common place.
    It depends on how you have them setup in MFP.
    In the database the 1st entry will go to Fitbit's first entry.

But 1st entry is not what you have at the top of the day - you could have create a pre-breakfast meal, but it was the 4th thing added - so really 4th entry in your database.
    Then afternoon snack was 5th entry.
    After dinner snack was 6th entry.

I have workout category for whenever I happen to use it - that's my 4th entry despite being put as last in day on MFP.

Unless they made some changes (oh, surely they wouldn't do that!) - moving the names around didn't work, but having the entry numbers aligned did.

I don't even recall what MFP had as default when I started.
    How many for you?
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    Just six in MFP.

When I started noticing the food entries in FitBit, Breakfast (#1), Lunch (#3), and Dinner (#5) Went to the corresponding categories in FitBit. But Early Snack (#2), Mid Snack (#4), and Late Snack (#6) all went to FitBit's Anytime (#7).

Changed Snack names in MFP to Morning Snack, Afternoon Snack, and After Dinner as the names appear in FitBit and #2 now goes to #2, #4 now goes to #4, but MFP's After Dinner (#6) still goes to FitBit's Anytime (#7).
  • rbakedq
    rbakedq Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I changed all of my meal names in MFP so they all show up under Anytime in Fitbit. Make sure there is no Space after After Dinner in MFP. Just a thought.
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    No spaces after 'After Dinner'. After twenty plus years as a computer programmer, I have learned to check for phantom spaces. ;)

Good idea, dumping everything into 'Anytime'. Not really using FitBit to look at calories anyway. Just bugs me when things don't fall into correct holes.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    d_thomas02 wrote: »
    No spaces after 'After Dinner'. After twenty plus years as a computer programmer, I have learned to check for phantom spaces. ;)

Good idea, dumping everything into 'Anytime'. Not really using FitBit to look at calories anyway. Just bugs me when things don't fall into correct holes.

It bugs me, too. Like you, my After Dinner dumps into Anytime, even though the text matches, as does the generic "Snacks" (I haven't renamed that to match any of Fitbit's labels.) But, it doesn't bug me enough to fight with it.