Spring Break Room

Options

Replies

• CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I am ready at this point I am staying same so will have to Change things around
  • jabbar44
    jabbar44 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello all :) I'm still getting the hang of checking in. Everyone sounds good and motivated. I made it to the gym today and started T25 on Monday... Long story short is I barely made it through but pushed to finish. Every little step will eventually take you a mile! Keep up the great work

What is t25
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    jabbar44 wrote: »
    Hello all :) I'm still getting the hang of checking in. Everyone sounds good and motivated. I made it to the gym today and started T25 on Monday... Long story short is I barely made it through but pushed to finish. Every little step will eventually take you a mile! Keep up the great work

What is t25

T25 is a beach body video series by Shaun T. Gives you 25 minutes of intense exercise. It's a very hard workout.
  • KrazedBemused
    KrazedBemused Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I want to get in shape so bad for roller derby! And yet that alone is just not enough.

I'm not a team but my thinking is once I'm on a team then I'll work towards it even harder.

I'm weighing myself on some weekly basis and I lost 6 lbs but then gained 3lbs. Arghhh.

Here's to continuing the struggle!

@ilovelucy1930 I use to skate derby before I moved interstate two years ago....I pulled out my skates yesterday dusted them off and swapped out my indoor wheels for my outdoor wheels. I'm hoping to get in a skate once a week. Joining a league is a great way to get fit!!

• GSwizzleGary
    GSwizzleGary Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Am behind on posts, but will start now. I look forward to getting to know you on this journey!!!

Have a good day (even if it is a Monday)!!!
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    We Officially start tommorow. Everyone get your name on the spreadsheet if you haven't already. Contact me if you are having trouble. If anyone else wants to lead a team contact me. We have a lot more members for the race this round and I need a couple more leaders. The job is basically motivate and communicate to your team. We have a lot of members so should be lots of fun.
  • mandyloose123
    mandyloose123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    jabbar44 wrote: »

What is t25

Its a beach body work out with Shawn T love to hate this guy. I'm enjoying it though
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Today the scale truly hated me- up over 3 pounds in 2 days. Sure I started squats n weight training and I know it is technically impossible for that to be fat but still feels bad when fluid retention n TOM roller coasters my weigh ins. Be interesting which weight I am for official weigh in tomorrow.
  • ilovelucy1930
    ilovelucy1930 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    @KrazedBemused

Wow!! Yes get on those skates joining a league is so much fun and there is a set time and day when your able to skate.

It'd be lots of fun just skating with someone near me or a group of people just skating and practicing outside.
  • carsonlinds1990
    carsonlinds1990 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Everyone sounds super motivated with this challenge! I am so excited to get started. I go on a week long trip next week, and I am really stressing it. I know I will be able to keep running, but I am going back home!! Everyone wants to feed me and my being preggers is not going to help matters. How do you guys avoid temptations on long road trips?
  • GSwizzleGary
    Options
    Today the scale truly hated me- up over 3 pounds in 2 days. Sure I started squats n weight training and I know it is technically impossible for that to be fat but still feels bad when fluid retention n TOM roller coasters my weigh ins. Be interesting which weight I am for official weigh in tomorrow.

If you didn't eat it, you don't own it. It will come off. It may not follow our preconceived timetable but it will come off. Congrats on starting squats. Sounds like you are doing well!!!
  • Melodieccurn
    Options

If you didn't eat it, you don't own it. It will come off. It may not follow our preconceived timetable but it will come off. Congrats on starting squats. Sounds like you are doing well!!!

samanda I found when i started weight training a couple weeks ago, my weight went up 3 lbs. My diet was dead on but my trainer told me it is inflammation so she suggests taking advil or ibuprofen post weight training for the first couple of weeks. I also started taking spirulina which helps with inflammation. Those extra pounds were gone the next day but it does get frustrating to see them when you are working so hard.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Just signed on/weighed in, I'll get the preassessment test done and logged by the end of the day. Thanks for doing this, just what I needed!
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    I'm old and completely out of shape but I want to join in on the Spring Break Challenges anyway. I originally throught that the challenges were for number of miles walked or run in a week and knew that would be extremely difficult for me to accomplish. Then I looked closely over the Winter Blast 2016 challenge and saw that it was converting miles into hours of activity ... and that I can do. The extra challenges (Detours and Roadblocks) looked like fun also ... so I posted that I want to participate in the challenges! Looking forward to getting started.

Glad you are joining us! This is my first time doing this type of challenge and it will be a challenge, I am only 49 but really want to lose the 25 pounds that I gained after losing it 3 years ago! Go at your own pace and modify as necessary but you can do this and will be stronger at the end.
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Everyone sounds super motivated with this challenge! I am so excited to get started. I go on a week long trip next week, and I am really stressing it. I know I will be able to keep running, but I am going back home!! Everyone wants to feed me and my being preggers is not going to help matters. How do you guys avoid temptations on long road trips?

As far as temptations while you're on the road, try packing some of your own healthy snacks to take along (fruits, veggies, nuts, yogurt/hummus if you have a cooler, water, etc.). That way you won't be tempted by gas station goodies. Enjoy your trip!
  • carsonlinds1990
    carsonlinds1990 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank you @ryblueeyes I never ever do well on trips, so I am hoping this time I can keep things in moderation and healthy!
  • scronen
    scronen Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    The teams that are posted now are just for the amazing race, right? Will we have teams for the group as a whole or am I not reading this right. I thought the amazing race was optional?
  • JagZag
    JagZag Posts: 174 Member
    Options

If you didn't eat it, you don't own it. It will come off. It may not follow our preconceived timetable but it will come off. Congrats on starting squats. Sounds like you are doing well!!![/quote]

Can I steal this??? I can really use it when I get off the scale 7 days in a row at the same weight!!!!!!
  • GSwizzleGary
    Options
    JagZag wrote: »

Can I steal this??? I can really use it when I get off the scale 7 days in a row at the same weight!!!!!![/quote]

Steal away! :smiley:
  • JagZag
    JagZag Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thanks, it totally sums up the big fat question mark. o:) or >:) ?