What helps keep you guys motivated?

Options
Just curious what keeps you guys motivated :)

Replies

• vcampbellackroyd
    Options
    Motivation is a tough one for me. I was most successful losing weight nine years ago when I belonged to a group of super-fit hikers. I wanted to be in great shape to keep up with them. And I was burning so many calories that it came easily. Now, though, I live in an area where I don't have an exercise group like that. I could if I stopped my part-time job but I still need the money that comes from that.
    Another previous motivator were Leslie Sansone DVDs. Somehow I've lost the continuity with that as well. But my vow is to get back "with her" at least 3 times per week.
  • BadWolf_Rob
    BadWolf_Rob Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ultimately, I want to be happy with myself and be a better role model for my kids. Plus if rather not have them loose their dad to a heart attack.

On a more shallow vein, I've never had a summer physique. Well into my thirties I've got a dad bod and an not looking forward to my 40s if I don't get into shape soon. It would be nice to not feel self conscious at a water park and instead be able to fly enjoy it with my daughters.
  • SearchingforFitness
    Options
    Those are great motivations. Around this time last year I got down to my lowest weight ever, but I have since gained it all back (plus about twenty pounds unfortunately) due to a thyroid problem. I am really excited to get my nice flat tummy and fit body back!!!
  • Deckhand562
    Deckhand562 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have two motivations, one shallow and one sincere. I want to be healthy and live a long time with my new husband, but I also want his ex-wife's jaw to drop next time I 'run into' her in the grocery store. :p
  • solocash
    solocash Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Me I stay motivated by surrounding myself with things that support my goal to lose weight. Like I read a lot of books and Blogs . About how some people loss weight. And how much happier they are in there life. Also videos of other people weight loss transformation stories. Even pictures of myself then and now motivate me to want change. :#
  • SearchingforFitness
    Options
    Those are great motivators! I look watching fitness and healthy food videos, they're so inspiring!