Been MIA

Options
mirrim52
mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
Sorry guys, but I have been MIA for the last several weeks. A combo of life + sickness + a minor injury has kept me out of the gym. I can't wait to get back at it.

But I have some exciting news! My husband suggested moving the kid's playroom to the spare room upstairs (currently a computer/video game room) and using her current play room as a home gym! The spare room is currently "his" with our old video game systems and a couple computers. I would never have suggested getting rid of it, but he said he doesn't use it much, and can move the game systems to the basement where the home theatre is. This also gives us the opportunity to ruthlessly cull the mountain of toys this girl has acquired.

So I am shopping for a power rack and barbell, and cancelling my gym membership! Woo!
No more worrying about childcare or crowded gyms, or waiting for the rack (unless the hubs takes up lifting too, which he might). Just need to figure out what to do with the floor. It is currently padded berber carpet.

Leaning towards this power rack, unless I find something else locally. Got good reviews as far as I can tell. http://www.fitnessavenue.ca/item.php?id=581

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I'm envious! Would love my own home gym. That squat rack looks great.
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Oh, that's great! Envy...
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I took over an extra bedroom and got a used power cage and bench, bar, weights, quit my gym. It's been so good! I've never been sorry about the decision. Have fun shopping for iron!
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Great to see you! That's so exciting!
    I lift in my basement which has berber carpet too, and haven't had an issue.
    Enjoy and don't forget the bumper plates and fractional plates.
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I just converted my oldest son's bedroom to my "gym" and I love it! Here's a link to the thread I started about it, where several people posted pictures and suggestions: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10320069/tell-me-about-your-home-gym#latest, if you want to check it out.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    My room has padded carpet, too. It's low pile commercial carpet so not too squshy. Works just fine.