Keto Garlic Gnocchi

Options
motown13
motown13 Posts: 688 Member
edited February 2016 in Social Groups
These look just awesome. I have them planned for sometime next week. 4 Net carbs.

http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Keto-Garlic-Gnocchi-1027823?columns=6&position=4/5

Replies

• BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I can vouch for these. I made them for Valentine's day and they were good.
  • RobinK228
    RobinK228 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I had this pinned on my Pinterest board but haven't made it yet. It looks fantastic!
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Yum, yum and yum. Now off to the fridge to see if Costco's Mozzarella will fit the specs :)
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    yes! I make these pretty regularly and then use them to make Cheeseburger Gnocchi for my family. We love it!
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I keep wanting to make these, but I keep not making them. I'm always sort of a wimp about trying to make new recipes. I love the variety, but I get all meh about putting in the effort to do it. I imagine you can use parchment paper if you don't have one of those handy mats for this, so maybe I'll give it a go with the chicken parm recipe I found :)
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Any chance you could post the recipe itself? The link won't let me view the recipe unless I give it my Facebook, Google, or email info. :s
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    @MyriiStorm -

Keto Garlic Gnocchi
    The Primitive Palate | Serves 2

Gather
    • 2 cups shredded Mozzarella (Low-Moisture Part-Skim - this is a MUST otherwise it will fall apart when boiled! I find Kraft to work the best!)
    • 3 egg yolks
    • 1 tsp granulated garlic
    • butter & olive oil for sautéing

Prepare
    1. Place cheese and garlic in a microwave safe bowl and toss around to combine. Melt cheese in microwave for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
    2. Fold in one egg yolk at a time until a homogeneous dough forms. This actually takes a little elbow grease!
    3. Portion dough into 4 balls.
    4. Chill in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
    5. Lightly grease a silpat or parchment (and your hands-it helps from sticking!) and roll out each ball into a 14-15″ log.
    6. Slice each log into 1″ pieces. (If you like, you can press the tip of a fork onto each piece to get that “gnocchi” look but it’s not necessary)
    7. In a large pot, bring about a half gallon of salted water to a boil (like you would for normal pasta). Place all the gnocchi into the pot and cook until they float, about 2-3 minutes. The strain into a colander. (*note: a few of my readers say that have skipped this step and the gnocchi still turns out great!)
    8. Heat a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of oil to pan.
    9. Add gnocchi and saute each side for about 1-2 minutes, until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper if desired, and serve.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Thank you, @Phrick, that sounds wonderful! I'm going to try that. :)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,426 Member
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    @MyriiStorm -

Keto Garlic Gnocchi
    The Primitive Palate | Serves 2

Gather
    • 2 cups shredded Mozzarella (Low-Moisture Part-Skim - this is a MUST otherwise it will fall apart when boiled! I find Kraft to work the best!)
    • 3 egg yolks
    • 1 tsp granulated garlic
    • butter & olive oil for sautéing

Prepare
    1. Place cheese and garlic in a microwave safe bowl and toss around to combine. Melt cheese in microwave for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
    2. Fold in one egg yolk at a time until a homogeneous dough forms. This actually takes a little elbow grease!
    3. Portion dough into 4 balls.
    4. Chill in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
    5. Lightly grease a silpat or parchment (and your hands-it helps from sticking!) and roll out each ball into a 14-15″ log.
    6. Slice each log into 1″ pieces. (If you like, you can press the tip of a fork onto each piece to get that “gnocchi” look but it’s not necessary)
    7. In a large pot, bring about a half gallon of salted water to a boil (like you would for normal pasta). Place all the gnocchi into the pot and cook until they float, about 2-3 minutes. The strain into a colander. (*note: a few of my readers say that have skipped this step and the gnocchi still turns out great!)
    8. Heat a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of oil to pan.
    9. Add gnocchi and saute each side for about 1-2 minutes, until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper if desired, and serve.

I am totally going to try this. My oldest daughter is gluten free (basically moderate carb with it) but misses pasta. This might do for the both of us.