Feb 21-27 Chat

Options
Hmrjmr1
Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
Happy sunday Folks. Hope all is well with all of you.
Started my training cycle for the Golden age Games in July and Sep. Schedule is as follows Sunday Heavy Lift Day. Monday Rest. Tues Skill Training Shot Put, Javelin, Discus. Wed Med Intensity Body ?Weight Training and or auxiliary lifts, Thursday More Skill Training, Fri High Intensity Body Weight Training. Sat Skill Training Long Session, Every Day 12.500 steps.

Starting to track my intake as well for a bit to make sure I'm getting enough to support my training IF may slip by the wayside for a while. Bulk of carbs will be late afternoon or evening. Pushing my Protein up to .8g per pound of optimum competition Body weight (245) for me. So trying for roughly 200g of protein per day. Carbs will be good in the 100-175 range. and fat can fall where it will. Not gonna skimp but not gonna lick the butter off my plate either.

The good news from the Docs is I am in excellent health with my sole metabolic challenge being my lipids, both my Ldl and Trigly to HDL levels are at the high range of no problem, primarily dur to HDL being at the low range of good. (40) Been slack on my fish oil intake so we'll see if that helps. Won;t know till next year since I don't have a problem big enough to generate a 6mo follow up with my VA Doc.

Well that's what's up with me. How bout y'all?

TTFN
John

Replies

• heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    John, good to hear that all is well with you! How was the DEXA scan you did a while back?
    I have been busy deep cleaning the house. It's not fun, it's tedious but I have to do it and finish by Tuesday.
    My food hasn't been the best but I didn't not fall off the deep end either. Haven't worked out 2 weeks. Boo. Going to weigh myself sometime this week. I have been dealing with back issues and migraines.
    A new friend of ours who is a firearms instructor (not the NRA types lol) was in town for other business and we met up for at the range and dinner, I've been having issues with getting good sight picture because I'm cross eye dominant and he taught me how to shoot my gun canted and ta da! I can see and shot well. Also the trigger is too heavy. We have a 10lb trigger pull because it was a police gun, Arturo bought a new trigger but haven't change it out yet.
    The "sad" thing is even he notice my back pain lol. When I was shooting he thought the shooting was hurting my back and here I am thinking I was handling the pain well, in fact I don't remember feeling any pain mentally my body must've reacted differently. Then over dinner he said he noticed I have a weird gait and limp and wondered if I'm fine. I had to laugh! Lol I'm so banged up right now with my back, knee and hip that I guess I'm walking like a 90 year old. Even though I think I'm "rockin' it" He cautioned me and I appreciate his concern but I really have been careful! Way more than I ever have been. Sigh, it's very weird to be in your 30s and having to treat my body like I'm in my 70s.

Amy, my humble little advice is that sometimes SOME men do need to be "momed". (BUT my personality is very mom like, I always want to make sure everybody is fine, so maybe that's why I think like that?) I recommend doing something together, something small. Along the lines of hey let's take a walk/hike or "let's do some squats and push ups together" Arturo HATES working out. But he knows he has to do something to keep the joints lubricated and keep his muscles, so we comprise, he do 5 different kettlebell exercise 3X a week and helps me walk the dogs more often.
    Since he is going to a doctor, you might want to recommend him going to a endocrinologist to make sure his hormone levels are all good. Chances are he probably won't do the leg work so you might have to research a good endo and bring it up casually. Unless you really really like him and can see a more long term thing then help him, if not wait and see maybe recommend some YouTube videos or articles.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Folks! Was stuck at home today due to the weather but fortunately the worst of it passed to the North of us. Probably could have gone to work (2hr Drive west) but at the decision point it looked like it could get a whole lot worse in a hurry. So back in the saddle tomorrow. Been doing some clean up here as well.

Heron- it's interesting how our bodies give us away to folks who know how to observe it. Key is keep things at Body weight movement til you have adequate recovery Think two weeks after no pain) You might want ot check out this guy It's Man Flow yoga and the two morning routines are pretty basic. I do them 2-3 X week. Right after Meditation and Happiness Project.

• heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I lost weight. I'm shocked, I haven't been logging for the past 2 weeks or working out, hope I'll keep on losing.
    John, thanks for the recommendation, I will definitely try that out.
    Hope the weather is good today.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Friday Folks! Hope the week has been treating you kindly.

Heron - Just proof that we sculpt our bodies more with spoons than dumbbells.