New to group kinda :)

Options
mlp2004
mlp2004 Posts: 13 Member
Hi Everyone

My name is Mandi and I'll be 45 yrs old soon. I live in Alberta, Canada and have been married to my amazing husband for 12 yrs and we have to amazing son aged 10 and 7.

I joined this group back in Jan/Feb of 2014. Was doing great with the DVD's and youtube videos. Lost 17 LBS and was loving it. Then some major life changes happen and I got totally side lined. Biggest was losing my Mom which sent me into a depression. Gained back all the weight I lost and more eating and drinking my feelings away. Had some medical discoveries in 2015 and I need to lose weight as my weight is a factor in these.
So 2016 is the year of me. I've quit smoking and have been smoke free for 97 days. Now it's time to get back to working out and take care of the weight.

My husband and I are both working out together in the evenings but I do Leslie during the days. Currently I'm able to do 3 miles at a time. I'm aiming at working out everyday :) I do enjoy it which is surprising LOL

Replies

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mandi!! :)
    Great Job on being smoke free!!!!
    I know what you mean eating and drinking your emotions. This is a great group of people so please feel free to post frequently. I love the support that this group gives.
  • mlp2004
    mlp2004 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks Deeder :)
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mandi..

I live next door to you in Saskatchewan. Congratulations on going smoke free :smile:

I have several walking DVD's but I really prefer to walk outside. I live on a farm and have a beautiful black lab that loves to go for walks, some days that is challenging because of the weather or the depth of the snow. In the summer I golf and in the winter I curl.

We are here for you
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Oh Mandi-Congratulations on being a non-smoker. Losing weight is hard, but in my view, quitting smoking is so much harder. I smoked for 20 years (18-38) and was so physically addicted that I got very sick every time I tried to quit. Getting off those cigarettes is the hardest thing I have ever done, even harder than labor :laugh: and I have been smoke free for 25 years! I admire you and if you can quit smoking for 3 months, getting back on the weight loss bandwagon will be much more fun! You can even walk without getting out of breath! :wink: Welcome back to the group :drinker:!
  • LeoLivingByDesign
    LeoLivingByDesign Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi Mandi, I'm New Brunswick, Canada. I do one of Leslie Sansone dvd's every night, it has made such a difference in my life. I prefer to stay in side where it's warm and toasty in the winter, so these dvd's really help.
  • Alex729
    Alex729 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yesterday marked my 3rd Smoke-free month too! I was a pack a day/20 year smoker :neutral:

I'm sure being smoke-free helps me to do 3-5 miles every day! I own just about all of the WATP dvds, and most recently purchased her Miracle Miles 5 dvd set.

I did my first Jessica Smith 10,000 Steps walking dvd this morning. It was a great change of pace with a bit more intensity. I'll be buying more Jessica Smith soon!

We recently had a blizzard come through and these workouts make sure that I don't have any excuse not to get moving!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Alex Congratulations on being smoke free!!!! :drinker: I have been where you are and I know how hard it is. As I said to Mandi, for me, it was harder than losing 100 pounds. I own about 20 Leslie DVDs as well so I suspect we are Leslie addicts! :laugh: I do some of Jessica Smith's online walks once in a while, but you are right, she can be a bit intense. Welcome to our walk group and walk strong! :smile: