Fat Bomb Recipes..... Put them all here.

Options
motown13
motown13 Posts: 688 Member
edited February 2016 in Social Groups
This is my first one:

2/3rd cup coconut oil
2/3rd cup almond butter
2/3rd cup peanut flour ( I use PB Fit from Costco )
couple of shakes of SF vanilla syrup ( Torani )

Place all in a big glass bowl and microwave for 90 seconds at a time. Stir each time you check on it... when it is smooth, pour into a small baking dish. ( I used cooking spray for the dish, but I probably didn't need to. )

Place in fridge until the harden up and get cold. I haven't tasted them from the fridge yet, but the "batter" was good while it was still hot. I expect they will be even better when cold and firm.

This one was my creation..... just gave it a shot.... we'll see.

Replies

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I really like this one. I've made up this recipe several times and I always keep a batch of these in the freezer:

http://low-carb-scams.com/low-carb-maple-pecan-tahini-candy/

It's sweet, but not super sweet. It's more along like lines of European sweet (slightly sweet) if you understand what I mean.
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Tahini hates me, and my wife hates when I eat tahini.
  • ladipoet
    Options
    LOL Understood. Sorry to hear about that...on both counts!
  • ladipoet
    Options
    Here's another one I recently tried / made:

Chocolate Walnut Fat Bombs (Original Recipe):

5 tablespoons unsweetened cocao powder
    2 drops EZ-Sweetz (liquid sucralose)
    1 Tablespoon unsweetened Tahini
    4.4 ounces coconut oil
    43 grams walnuts

Makes 19-20 fat bombs. Have to say I thought the original recipe was just HORRIBLE!! Was NOT sweet at all. Had a very strong, off-putting bitter flavor to it and of course was way too coconutty for me. So what did I do? I tweaked it of course!

Bonnie's Chocolate Walnut Fat Bombs (Tweaked Recipe):

5 tablespoons unsweetened cocao powder
    10 drops EZ-Sweetz (liquid sucralose)
    1 Tablespoon unsweetened Tahini (can sub out for 1 Tablespoon more either coconut oil or cacao butter)
    3.3 ounces coconut oil
    1.1 ounce (30 g) cacao butter
    43 grams walnuts if 19 bombs; 45g walnuts if 20 bombs.

Makes 19-20 fat bombs. Have to say this was LOADS better than the original!! I think the only way to improve on this recipe now is to perhaps add a flavored extract or oil like say...orange...I'm thinking 1 teaspoon orange OIL would be a good starting point, more if using an extract! I had some this morning for breakfast and quite enjoyed them. They weren't as coconutty as the the batch from the original recipe, but the coconut flavor was still quite prevalent. Good sweetness level. No strange bitterness. And the addition of the Cacao butter gave the correct taste of chocolate to the end result. Enjoy!
  • ladipoet
    Options
    Forgot to post the nutritional data info (based on 19 fat bombs)

Per fat bomb:

69.8 calories
    7.53g total fat
    4.62g saturated fat
    1.2g total carbs
    0.8b fiber
    0.5g protein