Dealing with This Hypo Weight Issue

heidihurl
heidihurl Posts: 138 Member
Hi All.
I am new to this group and was hoping to find some guidance, ideas.. and possibly someone in the same situation as me that I can commiserate with.
I am a 58 year old healthy female with a hypothyroid. I have been diagnosed for approximately 2 years. My family history is not something I have any record of because everyone is deceased. Recently (in the past year), I have gained upwards of 10 unwanted pounds of which I really can not explain. I have not changed my diet.. and have been watching what I eat. I exercise "OK", but I am an active person, snowshoe, walk, bike, hike and golf. I don't overeat and have a passion for a healthy lifestyle.. I love good wine and cheeses... eating the European way...
My problem is my recent weight gain, and I had someone say to me that I could possibly be allergic to certain foods.. UGH.. I took a look at the list of foods that I am to AVOID and could cry.. all my favorite foods!
So? Is there someone out there who has dealt and conquered this HYPO weight issue??
Thanks so much.
Heidi