Sweet tooth

Options
ab6046
ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
Sorry for all of the postings, but I've been having a hard time lately and this is a welcome distraction.

How do you all deal with a sweet tooth? Do you substitute healthy alternatives, or do you go cold turkey to break the cravings? I consider myself a salty tooth, but when I get in these binge cycles I usually have really intense cravings for sweets, which is usually how my binges begin. Any words of wisdom on this? And if you abstain from sweets all together, how in the world did you get through the first week or so?! For me, I've never really gotten through the cravings on my own and I usually break the cycle accidentally by traveling to places that don't have many sweet options, for example.

Replies

• daniellethesheep
    daniellethesheep Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I know of other people that have had the opposite effect, but I've found that diet juice/hot cocoa work well for me, especially at night. I know artificial sweeteners get a bad rap, but I'd rather have that than have a full blown binge.
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello cups with whip cream or cool whip on top works for me.
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    irishjeepgirl1969 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Coffee. When I start to crave sweets, coffee seems to suffice. It shuts up the sweet tooth and it feels like being naughty.

• ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    These are all great suggestions, thanks!