Cheese crust pizza!

Options
motown13
motown13 Posts: 688 Member
I saw this on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives last night.

Take a variety of shredded cheeses ( the guy also used blue cheese, but I don't think I would ) and place them on a hot flat griddle in about a 10" circle. Let it cook for about a minute. Then place your toppings on the melted cheese.... I know he used pesto and homemade spaghetti sauce, and maybe a couple of other ingredients. Put a lid on it and let it go for 2 -3 minutes - until the "crust" gets dark brown and crispy.

When he took it off the griddle, he added more stuff.

I "think" he also used some grilled pepperoni.

It looked awesome.

I'm thinking you need a non stick griddle pan for this....

Replies

• bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I saw something like this in a post of another group. That post suggested it without toppings as an alternative to crackers. I tried it with sharp cheddar and I loved it. Makes a great snack. And, I don't know that a nonstick griddle would be necessary. When you heat the pan, the oils rise out of the cheese coating the pan. When it cools it's a crispy flat delicious circle of cheese that slides right out of the pan.

• motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I mentioned the pan because I saw an infomercial where cheese did stick to a pan.... but if it works without non stick, cool.
  • macybean
    macybean Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Lurker here...thought I'd post something for once:)

I make mini pizzas in the microwave. Put an ounce (or so) of shredded cheese on a piece of parchment paper (and then on a plate). Microwave until it starts to harden (my microwave takes about 85 seconds), add a small amount of pizza sauce, pepperoni and italian seasoning and heat again for about 15 seconds. It doesn't stick and you can pick it up like a regular piece of pizza (without burning your fingers if you're patient...I'm usually not!). Obviously you can top it with whatever you want.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Works in the oven too on parchment paper (I don't have a microwave). I just bake the cheese at 200 degrees for 15 mins.
  • jennifersteuart
    jennifersteuart Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just made fat head pizza (mozzarella crust) it was awesome!
  • gayle_moeller
    gayle_moeller Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    macybean wrote: »

I make mini pizzas in the microwave. Put an ounce (or so) of shredded cheese on a piece of parchment paper (and then on a plate). Microwave until it starts to harden (my microwave takes about 85 seconds), add a small amount of pizza sauce, pepperoni and italian seasoning and heat again for about 15 seconds. It doesn't stick and you can pick it up like a regular piece of pizza (without burning your fingers if you're patient...I'm usually not!). Obviously you can top it with whatever you want.

OMG, I just did this for the first time, but I used a slice of cheddar and followed the rest of your instructions, Y.U.M. Thanks for posting (from one lurker to another)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite keto meals. :) I use just mozzarella and pepperoni; sometimes I dip it in pizza sauce.
  • AussieMark1980
    AussieMark1980 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can also use this technique for making cheese shell tacos - just do the same thing and when they are cooled but still pliable you can drape it over a wooden spoon or something similar. DELISH!
  • jds916
    jds916 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    http://www.ruled.me/keto-breadsticks/ You are making cheese crisps... try this 'dough' (it's a little more work) but it's AMAZING.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I made a mexican pizza with cheese crust last night from wickedstuffed.com ....the trick is to use mexican shredded cheese 1st 1/2 cup and then use 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar and it won't stick to the pan :)
  • Mom2Birds
    Mom2Birds Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Fathead pizza is the BEST pizza crust ever. Seriously.

http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2013/06/30/weekend-bonus-the-older-brothers-oldest-sons-faux-carb-pizza/

Even my non LCHF hubby prefers it to real pizza. Srsly. Its THAT good.
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    macybean wrote: »

Mmmmm... I just tried this for the first time. Very tasty! Thanks for sharing!

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
  • IowaHomeGirl
    IowaHomeGirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Phrick, that pizza looks amazing! Thanks for posting the link.