C section ladies!

Options
Hey ladies! So 5 weeks ago I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl via emergency c section.. Before I can really get on the fitness train I need to get my eating in order..

It would be nice to have some fellow mums in the same or similar situation to help motivate and encourage :)

Replies

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Csection momma here! Hoping to one day see my scar in the mirror instead my "mother's apron". :smiley: I'm nearly 4 years out though and finally getting healthy. Need to keep up with this crazy boy!
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    Check out this woman's success story! It makes me feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10333876/mom-of-4-no-more-belly-pouch-no-more-back-fat-now-seeing-some-abs-lots-of-pictures#latest
  • becauseican1
    becauseican1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you x
  • becauseican1
    becauseican1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It's a hard thing to see isn't it that "mothers apron" I'm really hoping I can at least reduce it soon!
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    It's a hard thing to see isn't it that "mothers apron" I'm really hoping I can at least reduce it soon!

I had it before I was a mother sadly. :D
  • CourtLHM
    CourtLHM Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    Csection momma here! Hoping to one day see my scar in the mirror instead my "mother's apron". :smiley: I'm nearly 4 years out though and finally getting healthy. Need to keep up with this crazy boy!
    I totally hear you on this both about the gut and the boy! Mines 4 end of August and he's always into something......he's like curious George
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    I totally hear you on this both about the gut and the boy! Mines 4 end of August and he's always into something......he's like curious George

Yes! Curious George is a great analogy for this age I think. He's more verbal and comes up with stories and needs to know how every. little. thing. works!! My son is 4 in May, so our boys are close in age!
  • dchao12
    dchao12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    C-section mama here too! I'm a little over a year out and still working to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and lose the apron.
  • zoe2434
    zoe2434 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Next month I'll be 3 years post C-section, and still trying to get back to where I was!
  • leahcim823
    leahcim823 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    17 months post csection.. I need to get my weight/eating under control. I have used breastfeeding as an excuse long enough!! (Still breastfeeding though!!)
  • lisa9805
    lisa9805 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting that success story. I too have that mommy apron and its become just skin as i loose the weight but I'm 11yrs pp lol
  • argonzalez4
    argonzalez4 Posts: 55 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hey,

I also had an emergency c-section. My plan was to have a natural no drug birth. But unfortunately things didn't go well and I had to get an emergency c-section. This was in July 2013. My daughter will be 3 on July 13th.

I'm starting to eat clean, and becoming a active user of MFP, Fitbit and Nike + anyone feel free to add me to any of those.. I'm looking for friends to motivate each other and of course give a little competition on Fitbit :smiley:

here's my fitbit url https://www.fitbit.com/user/2DSRN7 and Nike + Running App is akg713
  • cindylou234
    cindylou234 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm six weeks pp with 2nd, and I too have that "mommy apron".

I've actually lost all my pregnancy weight, but I was overweight before I even got pregnant! Ultimately I'd like to lose at least 60lbs.
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »

Yes! Curious George is a great analogy for this age I think. He's more verbal and comes up with stories and needs to know how every. little. thing. works!! My son is 4 in May, so our boys are close in age!

perfect description my baby boy just made 4 two days ago. He was born via c-section.In fact I have 3 kids via c-section. I do have a question will my belly get smaller I hate it
  • FrumMama
    FrumMama Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had c-sections and lost that horrible apron? (Never heard it called that.) Or will even losing weight not touch that section...?

Mom of four, all by c-section...
  • Veeedot
    Veeedot Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm due to have my 3rd baby and 3rd c-section, 3 weeks tomorrow. I aready had gained weight before this pregnancy and was losing weight before finding out i was pregnant, i'm planning on getting back to it when my little princess is here :heart:
    FrumMama wrote: »
    Has anyone had c-sections and lost that horrible apron? (Never heard it called that.) Or will even losing weight not touch that section...?

After my first son i lost alot of weight i used to jog on a treadmill every other day and did strength training in between. I managed to lose the apron but had a small 'pooch' (i think thats what its called). Im sure if i lost more that would gone eventually too. I remember my bmi was 23 at that time.
  • firstladystreet
    firstladystreet Posts: 4 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I also need to lose the apron. I had a c- section 7 weeks ago. I like the treadmill idea but when would I find the time being a new mom. Are there any exercises I can do with my baby like walk everyday?
  • Veeedot
    Veeedot Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose the apron. I had a c- section 7 weeks ago. I like the treadmill idea but when would I find the time being a new mom. Are there any exercises I can do with my baby like walk everyday?

Yeah walkings fine too and swimming good. I found the treadmill useful because of convience, you can jump on it anytime you can fit the time in, you dont need get dressed or your make up on. I'm getting a elliptical trainer this time.
    It took about 15months to lose all the weight and the apron. I did alot of toning too but i didnt start that straight away because of recovering.

• croftie4
    croftie4 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    FrumMama wrote: »

Mom of four, all by c-section...

I'm 43, a mum of 4 and all by c- section. I have lost the apron. Noticed it had finally gone this week. My last section was 6 years ago. To be honest due to other illness I only really got back into KB's seriously since Christmas and heavy bells since I started MFP 5 weeks ago.

I always wondered if I would ever be able to a flat stomach again it looks more likely now.

I've been using kettlebells I started using an 8kg, then 12kg and now 16kg. I mainly do kettlebell swings as it works so many muscles at the same time but do others as well. I do 90% of my KB workouts at home but do now go to a class 1or 2 times a week as I'm learning to do double KB moves (2x8kg)

I work in a school and my presents to colleagues after having babies is always an 8kg KB and they love me for it. They are easy to use, take up no room, time efficient and deliver amazing results very quickly.
  • infinitynevermore
    infinitynevermore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am a year postpartum, lost 18 lbs, and my scar is starting to peek out from under the apron.