How do you eat?

Options
I was gluten and dairy free for a long time (no I'm not celiac or anything, just thought it was healthier) but since I started getting really into crossfit and counting macros am very much not gluten or dairy free. I eat things like Van's Power Grains, pasta with added protein, whey, casein etc.

Are you gluten free? Dairy free? Paleo? I'm really just curious as to how other people eat and why. I know some of my coaches are dairy free.

Seems that dairy free protein is extra pricey though. What kind of protein do you guys buy? I've just been drinking gold standard whey and casein.

Replies

• moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    With a fork out spoon!

Sorry, had to do that.

I eat low carb high fat. Most of the serious Crossfiitters I know eat some watered down version of paleo. Not too strict but following the basic concepts most of the time.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I eat grain free mostly, just because I feel better (I get bad stomach inflammation from wheat). Other than that I just try to meet my macros. If I have an event coming up I skip dairy for a while because it gives me acne and when I cut it for a while it clears up in a few days. Cheese is worth acne to me on a regular basis ha-ha.
  • animalldy
    animalldy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I follow IIFYM and eat whatever. I tried paleo, gluten free and dairy free, but my body tolerates everything just fine and I don't do well with restrictive diets. I typically do moderate protein, low fat and moderate carb. Works great for me! I have bulked on it, and currently am cutting while hitting PRs. I cut out most protein powders and prefer to eat food, powders dont keep me full. But, my preferred protein powder is Formulx, it doesn't upset my stomach and it uses stevia, I don't tolerate traditional artificial sweeteners well.

Do whatever works best for YOU! Everyone is different. There is no right or wrong way to eat.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I keep largely Primal (essentially Paleo plus dairy) and try to follow the 80/20 rule.
  • marathon_44
    marathon_44 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Largely paleo plus dairy. I'll also have sugar in my coffee, and the occasional chocolatey/icecreamy treat. When I'm going booze-free, I'll also have (gasp) diet soda occasionally. I really don't do well with gluten, so I try to focus on whole foods. I typically do a whole 30 in April, where I really tighten my diet up. This year, I will focus on re-introducing dairy to see if it affects me, as I've never been patient enough to get that far in the reintroduction phase to do it properly. (I get through legumes, then when I get to reintroducing grains, I get so excited I inevitably go for pizza and beer! :smile: )
  • YoullFindMeFit
    YoullFindMeFit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @moe0303 @KellyAnn1286 @animalldy @bostonwolf @marathon_44

Thank you all so much for the feedback! I've noticed I'm getting breakouts, on my normally clear face, a lot lately. I wonder if its because I'm having milk protein like whey and casein daily now... Can't really avoid it unless I pay for more expensive kinds of proteins :/ I don't have the time to have meat more than once in a day