Correct Setup?

Options
Rumik
Rumik Posts: 86 Member
Hi there,

Recently swapped my Fitbit charge HR for a MS Band 2, and I'm confused about something.

With the FitBit, all calorie burn is uploaded to MFP as a single metric. If I set the FitBit to exercise mode, it looks at all calories burned within that period, but it doesn't count them as extra when uploaded to MFP. The number will just be higher, to account for calories I burned during the exercise. With the Band, I've got 2 metrics in MFP - I've got "calorie adjustment" and then the calories burned during whatever exercise I perform when activating the Band's equivalent of exercise mode. The calorie adjustment always reads as 0, whereas the exercise calories are coming off my daily total as expected. The problem is, it doesn't look like any extra calories I burn from increasing my heart rate through normal non-exercise activity is being tracked, and I'm worried that if and when it does start being tracked (as it was with my fitbit, and should be), it'll track both activity and exercise calories instead of deducting one from the other to give an accurate result.

Can anyone please explain the differences in tracking my calorie burn between FitBit and MS Band?

I'm not using MFP's goal suggestions, I have a reliable calculator from another site that's giving me the correct calorie and macronutrient goals. So should I set MFP to "sedentary" and "maintain weight" in order to get correct readings?

This was simpler with my fitbit :(

Thanks