My progress - so far

Options
christch
christch Posts: 238 Member
I haven't been very good at taking progress photos over the last year. Hard to believe its been a year since I started with my 5 kg dumbbells barely being able to complete a set of 5 reps db bench without trainer assisting me. The rest of my lifts were equally weak.
But now my bench is up to 40kg, ok for just 2x2 BUT we are getting there.
I've included two photos of my back progress first one taken beginning Oct before I started with barbell and rack, the second one taken this morning.
Hubby says he can see a change in muscle development thru back and biceps.

5cfi915q86j4.jpg
cldz7517gy1n.jpg

I know that I'm never going to be a bodybuilder, and being tall with long limbs its going to be a very long process, but I'm happy with how I'm doing. Now if I could just shift a bit more body fat ....

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Looks to me like you've definitely lost some body fat between pics, way to go. Your waist is much slimmer also.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    wow.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Great progress!
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Your back looks great!
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Definitely see fat loss and a slimmer waist. Also see biceps starting to show through. Way to go and keep up the great work.
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your support :) sometimes it's hard to see the changes yourself and I sometimes think my husband says he can see changes to be nice. It is slow progress bcos I didn't have alot of weight to lose to begin with. In fact the scales have barely moved at all in a year except for a 2kg fluctuation in water weight.
  • Isca_1
    Isca_1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Great job. I dont think your husband is just being nice, you can see a big difference.
  • raisingcropsandkids
    raisingcropsandkids Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Your back looks "younger" in the second pic.
    It's all nice and toned....