Welcome

Options
2»

Replies

• FrancescaWellman
    FrancescaWellman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Francesca and I've been gluten free for coming up to a year - it's been on and off as I've been having loads of tests to see if I have Celiacs (I don't) and I'm now committed to being gluten free. I made the change as I've been suffering from really severe eczema since I was about 19 - I was often being signed off work by my doctor as it was so bad, but since going GF, flareups are few and far between, and so manageable when they do occur!

It's certainly got rid of the option of snacking on cheap biscuits and cakes - sure there's the Free From stuff but I can't afford that on a regular basis! Here's to power through with gluten free weight loss!

xoxo
  • kendellh725
    kendellh725 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Kendell and I have been diagnosed with celiac for a while now. It was before all the gluten free products started really becoming a big deal. I found out when I was in my first year of college, 2010. I was actually in a baking and pastry program and I was constantly around bread products at that time and tested my food. Well I started to get really sick and I didn't know why. The whole class went on a trip to Winston-Salem and yes there was lots of gluten based products that I had sampled (I didn't know that was the cause) and was sick the whole way home on a bus full of my classmates......oh gosh yes that did happen (not pretty). Went to my doctor a week later, tests were done and I in fact had celiac. Just 3 days before my birthday too haha great right? I have been struggling since to try to stay gluten free but being from the south I love all that is bad and breaded haha. Biscuits, fried chicken, gravy, hush puppies! But I have come to a realization that I need to change for good (not just for every other month). I can tell I am ruining my body and am already overweight. So why not make it a life style change to eat better and then feel and look good in the end?
  • stacer_00
    stacer_00 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Stacy. I have been gf for going on about 10 years. I haven't been tested for Celiac due to cost several years ago. However, I get very sick if eat any wheat, etc. So I just stay away and my issues do as well.
  • aeecampbell
    aeecampbell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Ashley. I haven't been tested for a gluten allergy YET, but i have Grave's. One of the other common issues that comes with that is celiac so i figured why not just start now anyhow. So here's to starting out and willpower b/c even though i feel awful afterwards i enjoy pasta and bread A LOT! :)
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this gluten-free situation, but my biggest problem is in my breakfast. I have tried to eat gluten-free products, but I'm somehow having a weird reaction to those products. I was just diagnosed with a gluten allergy two weeks ago, but I don't know what to do for breakfast now. Everything I see has wheat, and going gluten-free gives me a reaction. What should I do at this point?
  • patriotmom2271
    patriotmom2271 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here. I'm trying to get gluten free. High antibodies show that at the very least, I have a gluten sensitivity.
    My doctor wasn't very interested in trying to get to the root of any of my symptoms.....just here let me up your levothyroxine.
    So, I am trying to go GF on my own....with no family support....and my husband does MOST of the cooking.....it's always glutenated some way.