Low carb

Options
mrsz917
mrsz917 Posts: 9 Member
Anyone doing a low carb diet? Any tips on how to set up MFP daily goals and percentages?

I'm especially wanting to go low carb until I lose 20 pounds but I'm hoping to make it a lifestyle.

Replies

• sarahlynn78
    sarahlynn78 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm not low carb, but I have adjusted my macro %'s to bring my carbs down to 40%. Using the app, go to the drop down list and choose "Goals". Then under nutrition goals, select "Calorie and Macronutrient Goals". Then just pick one of the macros and it will allow you to adjust the %'s. Hopefully this helps!
  • FergyGirl2016
    FergyGirl2016 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good luck, mrsz! Lots of low carbers here! Sometimes I do a low carb day, but I don't count fresh fruits or veggies.
  • tigakai
    tigakai Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Low carb is best carb! I'm hypoglycemic and low carb has been my most successful lifestyle change to being able to stay active and keep to a sensible calorie goal- proteins and fats help my energy stay up and my belly feeling full. Mfp has been probably the best addition to my routines as a tool to stay rolling and have everything tracked. I stay under 20g per day, what limit are you keeping?
  • svgordon
    svgordon Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was in love with carbs. my every.single.meal had a major portion of carbs in it. Lately I am following the low carbs scenario and liking it. I have my macros currently set at 50/30/20 (C/F/P) but looking into altering that soon.
  • jmw6019
    jmw6019 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm low carb. It's easiest woe for me to lose weight. I'm usually not hungry and I think it's easy to follow, at home or out. I'm not eating fruit until I get to goal and I really miss that sweetness (which is weird because I hardly ate fruit). I'm 8 weeks in and about 16 lbs down. Need to lose 9 more for dr but would be happy to go a little farther, depending
  • KMGetsFit
    KMGetsFit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been looking in to learning more about low carb "diets." I'm looking for maintainable lifestyle changes so, this is what I'm doing:

Aiming to keep carbs below 20g per meal -if I have any at all
    Limiting fruit to morning smoothies and desserts until I hit goal weight

That's all I can see myself maintaining long term so that's where I am for now. As I become more knowledgable, I will adjust.