ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
What are some of your binge triggers? Mine include (but are not limited to):

-Being tired
-Procrastinating
-Being stressed
-I haven't exercised that day
-I have an upcoming meal out/meal plans or have just had a meal out
-Being thirsty (not sure why I can't just drink some water instead of consuming thousands of calories in order to avoid quenching my thirst)

Replies

• mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Anxiety, my kids ( I feel bad putting that there because I love my kids but they are a trigger when they act up) boredom, stress, family parties where social snacking is happening. To name a few.
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    irishjeepgirl1969 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Anxiety
    Stress
    "Over socialization" (too much social interaction)
    Changes in the routine
    Chaos (the house is a mess, my preschoolers are in the mad throwes of full moon/spring fever)
    Feeling overwhelmed. This is a biggy. Like most folks, we are in debt, have little money saved, and the demands of being a wife, mother, employee, daughter of two super stubborn 70+ year olds....it gets to be too much!

This latest round of binge eating was set off by a guy flirting with me. True. When you are three hundred pounds, you are invisible to guys, even if you do drive a big, honkin' Jeep with wicked fat tires :) But a curvy, busty, 200 pound woman in the afore mentioned Jeep is, it seems, attractive to at least this one fellow. I found myself obsessing about this whole incident, and I finally just decided that I wanted to be left the hell alone. The best way to do that? Become a 300 pound woman again. So I began the binge cycle again for most of four months.

There ya go.
  • daniellethesheep
    daniellethesheep Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Anxiety
    Stress
    Worrying about exams
    Boredom
    Being around other people
    Under pressure/uncomfortable situations at internship
    Feeling self conscious
    Trying on clothes
    Thinking about food
    Seeing other people eat
    Being sad
    Weighing myself
    Not weighing myself
    Exercising
  • msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Mine are:

Stress
    Depression
    Sense of worthlessness
    Loneliness
    Boredom
    When my 2 year old is throwing tantrums
    Socially eating with friends and family
    The scale
    Not sleeping enough
  • mweckler
    Options
    I have a 5 year old son with ADHD and sensory processing issue, and a very strong willed 3 year old daughter I get it about the tantrums.
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    irishjeepgirl1969 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I work in a preschool. They can be such a blessing! And then they can make you want to throat punch your momma lol!

• ab6046
    Options
    Another bingeing trigger: eating garlic and/or onion when either are strong. I always get a very intense sweet tooth afterward.
  • mweckler
    Options
    Because garlic and onion when cooked have natural sugars that become unlocked. When you caramelize an onion or roast garlic the reaction that happens is the sugars are beginning to cook. So when you make caramel you basically cook sugar. That is why those 2 things trigger a sweet sensation for you.

I want the little star to shoot over saying the more you know!

Bonus points to anyone who knows what I am talking about with that phrase.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    My triggers:

Boredom
    Anxiety
    Depression (this one is huge)
    Anger
    Social situations involving food
  • mweckler
    Options
    vxu6sc53ifus.jpg

Thank you for that.
  • msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Realized a new trigger today. I binge when I eat something that doesn't satisfy me. My lunch today didn't turn out as I expected and tasted pretty blah so what did I do, I started to eat random things until I found something that satisfied me.
  • ab6046
    Options
    msty112 wrote: »
    Realized a new trigger today. I binge when I eat something that doesn't satisfy me. My lunch today didn't turn out as I expected and tasted pretty blah so what did I do, I started to eat random things until I found something that satisfied me.

I do that too!
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Not all the time, but when I hit my calorie limit before dinner. Like right now, I feel tempted to destroy a box of Oreos when I go to target later. Ughhhh :/