Team 5

Options
AshleyMFitness16
AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
Hey everyone!! I'd love for everyone to take part in this group discussion; check in, come here for support with any struggles you may be having, share some awesome recipes, whatever! I've noticed it certainly helps with accountability :smiley:
If any of you are on fitbit, I'd love to be friends! We can even start a private challenge group to keep each other motivated!
Also, if you're ever having a problem with the spreadsheet, just shoot me a message with whatever you need added in and I can get it taken care of for you!
Let's start with some introductions!!

I'm Ashley - your team leader. From Chicago, I'm a 22 year old mother of an awesome 5 year old boy and fiance to the man I'm going to be marrying in just 6 months! Which means yes, I've certainly got a goal I'm working towards. I had some setbacks last year, but I'm back in action!

Replies

• aston2045
    aston2045 Posts: 32 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone, so excited to get this challenge started. I am a 38 year old mother of 4. I am an administrative assistant so most of my day is spent on my bottom :/ I have lost weight and then gained that and some more back. I am ready to lose weight and get back into shape before I hit my 40's :o
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    aston2045 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, so excited to get this challenge started. I am a 38 year old mother of 4. I am an administrative assistant so most of my day is spent on my bottom :/ I have lost weight and then gained that and some more back. I am ready to lose weight and get back into shape before I hit my 40's :o

You can do it! I've got a desk job as well, it really stinks. I try to go for a walk halfway through the day, gets my blood pumping and me away from my computer for just a little while!
  • dawnsch1995
    dawnsch1995 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi team! My name is Dawn and I'm a 46 year old wife and mother of 3 teenagers! I am looking for motivation to get active and become healthy.Let's do this!!!!
  • dawnsch1995
    Options
    I am new to Mfp and this is my first challenge. I am on day 2 of the squat challenge! Also I am on Fitbit and would love to use that to help with our challenge.
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Sharon. I'm in Maryland, where it will hopefully be spring soon, after it snows tonight. I've lost 42 pounds, but I still have at least 80 extras laying around so I'm hoping to drop 10-15 during this challenge. I'm 52, mom to one, grandmother to 3, Crazy Auntie Sharon to everyone else. Can't wait to get started!
  • mscalfee
    mscalfee Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am Mallory, 29 from Mount Airy, NC and this is my first challenge. I had dropped around 95 pounds 4 years ago, but I have gained that much and a little more back :neutral: I am super excited to be doing this challenge and fitting it in between my 2 jobs. We can all do it!!
  • Bons92
    Bons92 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Fatimazahra, from Kingston, Canada. Mother of 4 and working full time....very busy
    I try to go to the gym at my lunch time at least 4 days a week. My problem is chocolate ans cakes..
    I stopped it for a week and I'm back on today...I can t do any squats but will workout 6 days a week..
    Any Zumba lovers? I do Wii Zumba at home when I can t make it to the gym...
    We will rock it together
  • AshleyMFitness16
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I am new to Mfp and this is my first challenge. I am on day 2 of the squat challenge! Also I am on Fitbit and would love to use that to help with our challenge.

@dawnsch1995 add me! My email address is ashleyring@live.com, if there's enough of us we can do a challenge :smiley: Welcome to the MFP world, you'll love it <3
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    celtikgirl wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm Sharon. I'm in Maryland, where it will hopefully be spring soon, after it snows tonight. I've lost 42 pounds, but I still have at least 80 extras laying around so I'm hoping to drop 10-15 during this challenge. I'm 52, mom to one, grandmother to 3, Crazy Auntie Sharon to everyone else. Can't wait to get started!

@celtikgirl congratulations on your current success! You're awesome, and I hope this challenge brings you an extra push to keep rollin! Yeah I'm hoping for spring soon over here in Chicago as well, crossing my fingers.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    Bons92 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Fatimazahra, from Kingston, Canada. Mother of 4 and working full time....very busy
    I try to go to the gym at my lunch time at least 4 days a week. My problem is chocolate ans cakes..
    I stopped it for a week and I'm back on today...I can t do any squats but will workout 6 days a week..
    Any Zumba lovers? I do Wii Zumba at home when I can t make it to the gym...
    We will rock it together

@Bons92 I just try not to have sweets like cake and such in my house, out of sight out of mind, right? If it's around, I'll scarf it all down. I basically have no self control haha. You can substitute squats with whatever you'd like to keep you moving if you want to!
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    @SmashleyM914 thanks! I'm just getting to a point where people are starting to notice and comment. I'm not all that graceful at accepting the compliments, but I'm working on it!
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hey Team! I'm Tasha, Married with 4 children and live in London. This journey is about change physically and mentally. I look forward to encourage, support and engage with you all on this challenge.
    All the best feel free to add me X
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm Tara, from Ontario, Canada. I'm a mom of two boys 9&6 and they keep me very busy. I have a fitbit. Friend me at www.fitbit.com/user/254NMK. Excited to meet you all and do this together.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    @celtikgirl yeah getting used to the compliments is more difficult than you'd think it would be!

• shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Hello team! I'm excited to be working with you for the next couple of months. I'm Shauna, age 40, mother of 5 children, married and living in Utah. I was part of Smashley M914 and change40's team in the last challenge and am excited for us to win again! I love running and love to cook. They go well together but don't help me lose weight
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Tip 1: Set Realistic Goals for Success 
    The first step to maintaining your mojo should take place before you cut a single calorie. "focus on your health and create sensible eating strategies," Setting smaller, attainable benchmarks, like losing 5 pounds or a single dress size, will give you the confidence to continue.

Motivation Tip 2: Go Slow 
    success entails making real lifestyle changes, and that doesn't happen overnight. "You have a better chance at keeping the weight off if you lose it slowly. People who are starving get irritable and have a higher failure rate. If you cut back 200 calories a day, you won't even realize it and the weight will come off and stay off." If you keep in mind that optimal weight loss is 1 to 2 pounds a week, you'll be less frustrated

Diet Motivation Tip 3: Expect Setbacks 
    Everyone is bound to give in to temptation (hello, hot fudge sundae) from time to time. The danger isn't a single splurge but letting it become an excuse for an all-out binge. (REMEMBER you can still eat your favourite chocolate but in moderation)

Motivation Tip 4: Don't Be a Perfectionist 
    So what do you do if you've scarfed down a pint of ice cream before noon? A 100-calorie indulgence is just that. But if it's perceived as a failure and a reason to give up, it can turn into a thousand-calorie indulgence." Bottom line when you slip up: Forget about it. Tomorrow is a new (healthier) day.

Happy Friday team!!! Weekends seems to be my current challenge at this point I seem to indulge more but thankfully my mind set and attitude seems to be changing slowly :)

Once again all the best on your journey!!! Have a blessed weekend X

• dawnsch1995
    Options
    Weekends are my current challenge too! I am gonna try setting smaller goals for the weekend to try to not feel like I'm failing on the weekends
  • jk286607
    jk286607 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi team 5! I'm Jessica from Columbus, OH. I'm 26 and work in the retail/fashion industry as a buyer. Sometimes that involves a lot of running around and sometimes involves a lot of sitting at my computer with my head buried in spreadsheets. I'd like to lose ~20lbs but really just get some momentum. I'm really struggling finding the motivation to work out (even though my office has an onsite gym) and need to learn to eat healthier as well as cook for myself (vs takeout every night).
    I have a Fitbit too and would love to get in on a challenge!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    I'm Tara, from Ontario, Canada. I'm a mom of two boys 9&6 and they keep me very busy. I have a fitbit. Friend me at www.fitbit.com/user/254NMK. Excited to meet you all and do this together.
    @TaraDanielle40 would you mind posting your email address or finding me on Fitbit using mine? Ashleyring@live.com. I'll start a challenge shortly :)
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    We've got a few people on our team that I haven't heard from, if by tomorrow I don't hear anything I'll let Melodie aka @mallowbar know and maybe she can adjust accordingly. Excited to start Monday!! :D