"Overcoming Binge Eating" by Dr.Christopher G. Fairburn

Options
cjv73
cjv73 Posts: 240 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
I CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS BOOK HIGHLY ENOUGH!!! I recently self-diagnosed while my doctor was away on vacation (he later confirmed my diagnosis of atypical bulimia (I never purge) and B.E.D.), but while he was still away, I ordered this book from Amazon, and just devoured it (pun intended). What an incredible insight...my book is full of underlining and highlighting and exclamation marks and notes...I could relate to soooo much of it! It will be an excellent tool for my husband as well, to help him to have a better understanding of me, because for the life of him he can't fathom this compulsion. I highly recommend this book for anyone struggling with any type of eating disorder -- it also includes an enhanced self-help program that looks like it will be very effective.

On a side note, for some reason, ever since I finished this book last Thursday and then had my confirmation visit with my doctor last Friday, I haven't had a single compulsion to binge. I have made a point of including foods that would normally be trigger foods (breads, etc.) into my daily diet in appropriate portions, and when I weighed in at Weight Watchers a few days ago (I just re-joined last week) I had already lost 6 pounds. Not that I am cured...we all know this is a life-long struggle... but I feel like I am in the "zone" -- you know, that place you need to get to mentally before you are ready and able to make a change?

Replies

• ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I will have to get this book, thanks for the recommendation!