Options
bostonwolf
bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
Doing it at 5:30pm. Hoping to get into 3rd round.

Replies

• Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Doing it at 6:00. Hoping to get into the 2nd round! 3rd round would be a huge stretch and victory and would require an amazing leap in clean form to get 13 @ 185.
  • okulyd
    okulyd Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Did it at 6:00am. Didn't get past the first round. Did 74 reps. Overall I'm happy with how I did. I just learned DU in the past month so getting 50 was huge for me.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Options
    I just did it and I'm redoing it Sunday. In warm-up I was getting 16-20 DUs in a row. After TTB in the workout, my DUs rhythm was nowhere to be found and it went downhill from there. I finished with a 65, never even getting to the Cleans. I new that the as a risk, but after doing well warming up wasn't expecting it.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Wasn't going to do 16.2 as my shoulder won't allow me to grip the bar doing T2B, however my coach allowed me to reverse grip and I managed to get through 6 cleans in round 1. First time I've ever RX'd a WOD in comp so am pleased.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I did scale and got stuck on the 135lb cleans. I had nearly 5 mins to get it up and just couldn't. Can't complain though, I got through the 115lb when previously 105lb was my 1RM! I attempted Rx but my DU are just terrible.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    I did it scaled as I don't have toes to bars or more than single DUs. Got 258 reps. Was able to do 5 cleans in round 3 and failed on my last two attempts.

The biggest thing, IMO, is the jump rope. I did 47 SUs in round 1 before missing and was unbroken in round 2 and 3. Whether RX or scaled, you have to get through those clean or you won't have the time to do the cleans.

I finished the first round at about 3:15, the second at maybe 7:30. Everyone was high fiving me and telling me to get back to the bar. I did not feel like high fiving anyone at that point. I was more like "dammit I need to do this AGAIN"

I know in the grand scheme of things that's an average score, but I was very happy with hit. I crapped out on 16.1. I did not manage my cardio well and was gassed after the 3rd round of burpees and just could not catch my breath. I managed to get right under the redline on this one this one and hold it there pretty steady. Longest break I took was round 3 after the singles. Maybe 10 seconds to catch a few deep breaths then it was do a clean, drop it, take two breathes, do a clean, etc.

Really fun workout, IMO.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    besee_2000 wrote: »
    I did scale and got stuck on the 135lb cleans. I had nearly 5 mins to get it up and just couldn't. Can't complain though, I got through the 115lb when previously 105lb was my 1RM! I attempted Rx but my DU are just terrible.

Had several friends who, after the fact, were like "I accidentally PRd my cleans."

My response was "no you didn't, because there is no way you PRd in round 2 or 3 of that workout!"

Workouts like this have a great way of removing the mental blocks that tend to hold almost all of us back more than the physical ones. You're exhausted and you just step up to the bar without thinking and DO it.
  • MUALaurenClark
    MUALaurenClark Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    boston how'd you end up doing?
  • MUALaurenClark
    MUALaurenClark Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    besee that's an amazing accomplishment!
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    boston how'd you end up doing?
    258 scaled. Details above :)

• Upstate_Dunadan
    Options
    Workouts like this have a great way of removing the mental blocks that tend to hold almost all of us back more than the physical ones. You're exhausted and you just step up to the bar without thinking and DO it.
    I'm counting on that when muscle ups work their way into the workout :)
  • mandiegold941
    mandiegold941 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I had a great time doing 16.2 scaled. I failed on the 115 clean, but made it all the way to that last round. So my score was 339 scaled.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'm counting on that when muscle ups work their way into the workout :)

You and me both my friend. Fingers crossed they change it up and add bar muscle ups instead of rings since those I can do ha-ha
  • marathon_44
    marathon_44 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'll second that on bar muscle ups!