New here

Options
Trying to focus on the right things here. Was Vegan some time back, lasted a few months. Started eating cheese, then it went downhill from there. LOL. I have never been a big meat eater, though I tried to incorporate a varying amount of fish and chicken, as well as Turkey into my diet for protein because that is what most of the weight loss books said to do.

I am doing a six week vegan challenge and my husband is on board with me.

Replies

• Missbricker
    Missbricker Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on becoming vegan. I have been vegan for a year and it is really not that hard. Most vegans have trouble with the cheese withdrawal most of all. There has recently been new vegan cheeses that have come on the market that are so close to the real cheese most people can't tell them apart. Chao cheese and Follow Your Heart. There are also some fake meats that help with transition. Not all of them taste good, it's really trial and error until you find ones you like. Some of them are really really good. It's such a healthy diet and you will be amazed how good you feel after going thru the initial meat detox phase.
  • canadian_vegan
    canadian_vegan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    http://miyokoskitchen.com/products-miyoko/ the Mt. Vesuvius Black Ash or the Aged English Sharp Farmhouse are my favs

I became vegan 1.5 years ago after being vegetarian 17 years, cheese was all that was holding me back, I don't even crave it at all anymore :)
  • CarolDwaik
    CarolDwaik Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for about 2 months now, and it's super easy! I started off as vegetarian for about 8 months, again it was an easy transition since I never really liked meat to begin with. I saw that I wasn't really losing weight due to the dairy and eggs in my diet, so I decided to cut those out as well. I took advantage of the carby lifestyle of the vegan diet by not eating enough vegetables but eating too much bread and sugary fruits. Again, you need to find a good balance!
  • Florameow
    Florameow Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When I first went vegan it helped me a lot to do research about my favorite recipes in vegan versions. Thankfully I was able to find very tasty replacements for cheese like CHAO, and meatless burgers and sausages Field Roast, and absolutely delicious chicken substitutes slow roasted chick'n tofurky
  • kelCshea
    kelCshea Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes to CHAO cheese! There's a lot of vegan chocolate and vegan ice cream too, soooo good!