Embarrassing binging moments.

Options
ab6046
ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
What are some of yours? They can be funny, shameful...anything! This post is not meant to offend or downplay the issue, but I thought it might be nice to have a laugh. Some of mine:

- The time I ate a birthday cake my sister made and decorated for her friend's birthday...and then lied and said I accidentally dropped it in the floor because it wasn't put in the fridge properly (this was a good ten years ago, still not proud)
- Continuously replacing foods I've eaten. Example: eating all of the peanut butter when house sitting, so spooning the contents of a new jar of peanut butter into the old one so that nobody will know...and then eating it again and having to do the same thing the next time.
- The time I was staying at my parents house and wasn't aware that someone was there for kitchen remodeling, and they walked in on me microwaving cheese and eating it with a spoon

I feel like I have so many of these moments.

Replies

• irishjeepgirl1969
    irishjeepgirl1969 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I remember getting into big trouble at home as a kid for eating an entire package of American cheese- all sixteen slices. I might have been twelve years old.

The most embarrassing thing, though, is seeing my husband walk into the kitchen in search of, say, the pint of ice cream. Not finding it, he starts to ask, "Where is the....oh. Nevermind."

• mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I bought a cake. Brought said cake home. Then the next day my wife asked what happened to the cake. I then had to admit I ate an entire cake by myself in one night. Or her finding the center console of my car filled with empty bad of candy that I secretly ate when no one was around.
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    Options
    It wasn't a binge moment, but I had an awful uncle who deeply disliked me and took every opportunity to shame me. At my brother's wedding reception, he made a point of cutting in line right in front of me. Then he said loudly that if he didn't get in line ahead of me, there may not be any food left. I never again ate so much as a crumb in his presence.

And buying junk for a sleep over! At my current weight it's not too bad, but at 300 pounds, I would get all sorts of looks.
  • ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Both of your moments sound totally familiar to me. But the awful uncle is just...awful. I never understand what can make people so cruel.
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    Options
    I'm guessing they believe they are helping in some way. All they are doing though is deepening our shame. Not helpful.
  • msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I once ate an entire value size bag of raisin bran at my in laws house while everyone was out. When asked what happened to it I lied and said when I opened the bag it spilled all over the floor. Not proud of that